We've rebooted our Facebook Group. If groups are your thing, join up and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Starting the Environ Dip in June 2012

If you need help on any Environmental courses, just ask in here. There is no such thing as a stupid question in health and safety!

Moderator: Moderators

Johnfez
Student
Student

Starting the Environ Dip in June 2012

Post by Johnfez » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi All.
I am a returning member of this fantastic forum! I was an active member during my NEBOSH General studies back in 2008, and am returning to start my Diploma next June.

With having this spare time until I start my course, has anyone got any advice on anything I can do to get a useful head start?
Any advice would be great.

Cheers all
John

HelenPJ
Risk Rodent
Risk Rodent

Re: Starting the Environ Dip in June 2012

Post by HelenPJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi John :wave:

First of all, a big [welcomesign] back

Don't forget to check the Downloads section (don't check the Revision section yet, you don't want to panic yourself :lol: no doubt that will come later as you get NEBOSHed again ./thumbsup.. )

Have you had a browse/search through the Environment section of the forum as well as the Diploma bit? I think there are a few previous posts along similar lines that might help until someone that has comes along ../.

Sorry I can't help you more directly, but good to "see" you again :wave:
Helen
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity
Aristotle

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi there John. :hello2: Good to see you again. :D

As Helen says, our recent Dip members will come in with their experiences and advice on what to have a look at now.

Good luck John. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Fleur
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Fleur » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Visit the NEBOSH website and download a free copy of the Diploma Syllabus - this'll give you an idea on the topics to be covered then you can have a look at websites such as the Environment Agency, Business Link, DEFRA, IEMA etc to build information on each of the topics. Also useful if you start finding out what applies to your business/site and looking at relevent information/permits that you may already hold.

It's a good way to make a start! And will help demonstrate wider reading at exam time....

If you need any help - feel free to PM me as I've just sat the December Exam....

F :)

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy