Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

RussHealth&Safety
Student
Student

Nebosh fire safety risk management book

Post by RussHealth&Safety »

Hi all

Regarding the Nebosh fire safety & risk management course, what book is used / recommended for the study of this course?

Thanks
Russ.
wendolene26
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas / Renewables / Consultancy

Re: Nebosh fire safety risk management book

Post by wendolene26 »

Hi Russ

I've done a quick google search and this appears to be the textbook in question that you are looking for:

Fire Safety and Risk Management: For the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.

It would be worth checking with a course provider to see if they issue any other study material for this course.

Hope this helps,

Wendo .salut
You are only a millimetre or a millisecond away from the next incident.
GavGregson
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Ports & Marine

Post by GavGregson »

morning Russ,
I have just completed the fire certificate and I found the Fire Safety and Risk Management: For the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management to be a great book, there is a downside in that there is a lot of text, but this keeps the page numbers down.
I also used the course material from the course provider and the flash cards in the down load section here on HSFB.
kind regards
Gav
measure twice, cut once
Stonehenge
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Automotive

Post by Stonehenge »

I used this book as well and it was brilliant. I also put together a load of revision flash cards to give you a quick reference guide and studying as I went through the book and took out all the major parts I needed to learn for the exam. If you want them, PM me and I'd be happy to send them. I did them myself so no copyright etc.

In fact, not sure, but they may be in the download section here as I sent them here to be included as I thought they might be useful for others. It's in a power point format, so when you print them double sided they give you the title and section on the back, then the content on the front the card. I did the same for the NGC 1 course content as well, and then I cut them out and laminated them and carry them with me everywhere as useful references.

Angie
Practice makes perfect, apparently.....
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Stonehenge wrote:I used this book as well and it was brilliant. I also put together a load of revision flash cards to give you a quick reference guide and studying as I went through the book and took out all the major parts I needed to learn for the exam. If you want them, PM me and I'd be happy to send them. I did them myself so no copyright etc.

In fact, not sure, but they may be in the download section here as I sent them here to be included as I thought they might be useful for others. It's in a power point format, so when you print them double sided they give you the title and section on the back, then the content on the front the card. I did the same for the NGC 1 course content as well, and then I cut them out and laminated them and carry them with me everywhere as useful references.

Angie
Angie did indeed provide flash cards for our downloads. .salut Very helpful to many. clapclap

Have a search on the main site http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
GavGregson
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Ports & Marine

Post by GavGregson »

Stonehenge wrote:I used this book as well and it was brilliant. I also put together a load of revision flash cards to give you a quick reference guide and studying as I went through the book and took out all the major parts I needed to learn for the exam. If you want them, PM me and I'd be happy to send them. I did them myself so no copyright etc.

Angie
just wanted to say thank you Angie for your hard work, those flash cards were a great asset to my learning.
king regards
gav
measure twice, cut once
RussHealth&Safety
Student
Student

Post by RussHealth&Safety »

All thank you all so much for your input, the flash cards and the download section will be well used.

Which book?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEBOSH-Certifi ... 1906674329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Safety-Ri ... 0415817315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will check if the course provider supplies the book, though i'm ordering it to get a good start, which I need

Thanks

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy