So I got told off...

Have you recently had a safety moment? Share it in here and help raise awareness, start a conversation, encourage people to talk about HSE, spread the word! It might just save a life!

Moderator: Moderators

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

So I got told off...

Post by stephen1974 »

Maybe i'm missing something but this caused me a wry smile and a raised 'really?' eyebrow the other day.

The tap on a bain marie used to drain water from it broke the other month. Essentially it was a similar effect to a bolt thread being stripped, you would turn the handle but it wouldn't turn the internal workings.

I'd ask for a new one to be sent out but nothing happened so I chased it up and just said to the rep, we are using a pair of pliers to turn the tap at the moment, and I thought they were going to pop out the phone receiver and strangle me after they screamed health and safety at me.

I would really love to know in what possible way my health and safety was at risk but didn't think it was appropriate to ask.

At least it made them send me the new part next day. .cheers Might have to try that more often.
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: So I got told off...

Post by Waterbaby »

stephen1974 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:19 pm At least it made them send me the new part next day. .cheers Might have to try that more often.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy