HAVS Help

Have you recently had a safety moment? Share it in here and help raise awareness, start a conversation, encourage people to talk about HSE, spread the word! It might just save a life!

Moderator: Moderators

Scubalol
Industry Sector: Warehouse, Manufacturing

HAVS Help

Post by Scubalol »

I am am in the process of writing a HAVS Lecture to give to Supervisors & Managers. The PowerPoint is finished, but I would like to add a video on HAVS into the slides.

I have found some on YouTube but I cannot download them, does anyone have a video I can use or a link that will brighten up what will no doubt be a dull subject for my audience!

Thank you

Loz
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Re: HAVS Help

Post by Keith1983 »

Why do you particularly want a video? If it's to make it interesting can you use a practical demonstration of something?
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Post by Safety »

Keith1983 wrote:Why do you particularly want a video? If it's to make it interesting can you use a practical demonstration of something?
Keith,

I think showing people video clips on this subject is very good, this is a subject I deal with on a day to day basis and video clips in my opinion are very good at making this irreversible disease more clearer to employees. Listening to people talking about what HAV syndrome has done to their lives, not being able to carry out basic day to day things with your hands can be shocking and hits home more with a video.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Keith1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Safety wrote:
Keith1983 wrote:Why do you particularly want a video? If it's to make it interesting can you use a practical demonstration of something?
Keith,

I think showing people video clips on this subject is very good, this is a subject I deal with on a day to day basis and video clips in my opinion are very good at making this irreversible disease more clearer to employees. Listening to people talking about what HAV syndrome has done to their lives, not being able to carry out basic day to day things with your hands can be shocking and hits home more with a video.

I quite agree Safety. I didn't know if the OP had that in mind or what type of video they were after. I've done in the past, when I can used employees own experiences. For example in mty first H&S role we had a gentlemen who had lost 70% of his hearing in both ears in a previous role. Having him sit there and explain what it was like to not be able to hear the grandchildren really hit home and it meant a lot to the other shop floor guys as it was coming from one of their own!
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
Scubalol
Industry Sector: Warehouse, Manufacturing

Post by Scubalol »

Thanks for the help guys, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, well if that's true then video is worth a million!

It would add some colour and understanding to my lecture.

Loz
petesdragon1948
Student
Student

Post by petesdragon1948 »

hi loz,

I can convert utube into useable video...contact me to see how I can help

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy