Legal register for housing

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

sakura999
Student
Student

Legal register for housing

Post by sakura999 »

Hi all,

I work in the housing sector and my team is trying to develop a legal register. I have an idea of what to include in a risk register. However, I can't find any information tailored to housing. I was wondering if any of you might have some experience with this? Is there some templates or online resources I could turn to?

Thank you for your help!
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: Legal register for housing

Post by Blackstone »

Not sure abut template, might be in the downloads section, but the legal register should be all the regulations the company has to follow in the course of their activities. The register should show how you comply and where you don't, actions to ensure compliance.

There are systems out there where you complete a questionnaire about the company and its activities and it populates a register. You then answer further questions to evaluate your compliance. We use one called Activ Comply (others are available). I have no basis to compare this system to others.

Hope that helps

Glen
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
sakura999
Student
Student

Post by sakura999 »

Blackstone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:55 am Not sure abut template, might be in the downloads section, but the legal register should be all the regulations the company has to follow in the course of their activities. The register should show how you comply and where you don't, actions to ensure compliance.

There are systems out there where you complete a questionnaire about the company and its activities and it populates a register. You then answer further questions to evaluate your compliance. We use one called Activ Comply (others are available). I have no basis to compare this system to others.

Hope that helps

Glen
Thank you for your reply! I've got a better idea what to include in a register. Just one thing, is the legal register supposed to be only populated by regulation or can code of practice/ guidance also be part of the legal register. For example, lone working is an integral part of my company. However, there isn't a regulation, so is it fine if I refer to the industry guidance instead?
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

sakura999 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:32 am
Blackstone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:55 am Not sure abut template, might be in the downloads section, but the legal register should be all the regulations the company has to follow in the course of their activities. The register should show how you comply and where you don't, actions to ensure compliance.

Hope that helps

Glen
Thank you for your reply! I've got a better idea what to include in a register. Just one thing, is the legal register supposed to be only populated by regulation or can code of practice/ guidance also be part of the legal register. For example, lone working is an integral part of my company. However, there isn't a regulation, so is it fine if I refer to the industry guidance instead?
We always used to have a legal register with all the legislation (we split this out into H&S and Environmental).
We then had an others register where we had industry guidance, codes and other relevant business requirements, etc, listed out and how we comply.

Regards
Glen
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
sakura999
Student
Student

Post by sakura999 »

Blackstone wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:02 pm
sakura999 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:32 am

Hope that helps

Glen
We always used to have a legal register with all the legislation (we split this out into H&S and Environmental).
We then had an others register where we had industry guidance, codes and other relevant business requirements, etc, listed out and how we comply.

Regards
Glen
Thank you for the prompt reply! I've got a better idea of what I need to do.
chrisbramall
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Water Utility Construction

Post by chrisbramall »

Producing the Legal Register is only part of the battle, you also need to maintain it, assess compliance, and review it.

I would recommend having a look at https://thecompliancepeople.co.uk/legis ... e-service/

They are a community interest company and provide a good cost effective legal register & update service for both Health&Safety and Environment.

linked into the system you can also track and cross reference Objectives, and Threats & Opportunities to the legislation.

They also include links to HSE Codes of practice & relevant standards, but you can also add any in any industry specifics.
Chris Bramall MCIOB MIIRSM

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy