45001 - transition to new standard - help

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

45001 - transition to new standard - help

Post by TWDB »

Hi all, I hope you are all staying safe

we are supposed to be transitioning to 45001 in June 2020 and am only now getting the time to look at what is involved.

I need to do a Gap analysis first and then get procedures in place etc and brief the management team.

does / has any one got/ used an good tools/ doc's briefing sheets to start the process and an "idiots" guide to know what we need to do?

we are 18001 currently so hopefully we should be starting from a good point

any help or tips would be appreciated

Thanks

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: 45001 - transition to new standard - help

Post by Blackstone »

Hi T,

Not leaving yourself much time to assess and amend stuff! Wouldn't be surprised if the transition audit gets cancelled given current situation.

As a starter, ask your certification body. They should have some sort of transition guidance.
You could also look on the websites of LR, NQA, BSI as I know they had gap analysis template and guidance that you could freely download and use. I downloaded the LR ones.

There are a few link here: https://www.lr.org/en-gb/iso-45001/resources/?page=2 You may need to enter name and email and they send you some info. They is one link 45001 vs 18001 might be useful.

There is a NQA migration gap analysis tool here: https://www.nqa.com/en-gb/transitions/iso-45001-2018

Have fun!

Glen
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy