Food Business Accreditations

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

Vanquish
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Manufacturing

Food Business Accreditations

Post by Vanquish »

Good Afternoon All,

I am a consultant who is currently working on a contract for a warehouse/distribution business (SME) and have been asked what the most appropriate accreditations would be for them to obtain. The business is looking to grow considerably in 2020 and therefore they are looking to achieve accreditations which will make their offering more appealing to their existing and new clients.

I have suggested 9001, 14001 and 45001 but I'm not overly familiar with food safety/retail related accreditations, i.e. BRC and SALSA.

Does anyone have any direct experience in this area please, and if so, are there any particular accreditations I can point my client towards to undertake further research?

They currently own a medium sized warehouse in the North West and are looking to expand the business and enhance its reputation in both the local area but also to become a cross UK supplier.

Any and all advice appreciated.

TIA

Nicky
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Food Business Accreditations

Post by Alexis »

Thank you in advance if anyone can offer any assistance to Vicky.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy