Hi all

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

LouG

Hi all

Post by LouG »

Hi all. Hope you are all well.

I am looking at doing a NEBOSH certificate, ideally in fire safety. The question is how feasible is it to pass with a home study opposed to a block 2 week course? Obviously price is massively different- one I could afford now, the other I’d have to wait a little while. I’ve started studying the 5th edition that someone has lent me, although I know I need to get hold of the current one due to certain changes. However I have been told it’s a lot of how you answer the question to whether you have a hope of passing!

All and any advice would be greatly received.

Thank you
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Hi all

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Hi all

Post by Alexis »

Hi LouG and a very warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

By home study, I presume you are referring to distance learning?

Distance learning requires discipline for study and some people are happy doing this, whilst others prefer the classroom scenario. Just each individual's preference.

If, however, your intention is to study by yourself at home without any Provider and having not done any other NEBOSH courses in the past, this could be the worst way of securing a pass in my humble opinion.

We do have members who have gone down the above route and have passed, but they are in the minority.

I suppose it will depend upon what experience you have within the fire industry as to your understanding using only books.

Distance learning, through a Provider is do-able even with no experience in the fire industry and of course, a two-week block course, intense as it is, would be the quickest way to achieve the NEBOSH certificate. Pluses for this way of learning are, that it is fresh in your mind when attending the exams, but as you mention, it is costly.

Remember also, that if you had to resit, this would add further costs, so the cheaper way is not always the best.

Why not look at monthly payments? Most good Providers offer this way of payment.

Hope this helps a bit lou.

Let us know what you decide please. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy