Fire Risk Assessor Competency Checklist

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Fire Risk Assessor Competency Checklist

Post by Penfold »

Hi all

I'm reviewing who conducts our FRA on site and wondered if anyone has a template competency checklist I could use?

I have the Fire Risk Assessment Competency Council guide to choosing a fire risk assessor , competency criteria and the ACOP for fire risk assessor competency but just wondered if anyone has put together a document that brings all the elements into one document so I can tick off the people when they apply to tender for the work?

Thanks

Penfold
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
Paul1979
Industry Sector: Property Management including H&S
Occupation: Property Manager including reviewing of H&S assessments and implementing remedial actions...or trying to justify why they are over the top and an alternative solution can be found!!

Re: Fire Risk Assessor Competency Checklist

Post by Paul1979 »

Hello Penfold, not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but we (building management co) use assessors from the National Listing of Fire Risk Assessors - here's the link...we've been using this for a couple of months now, and use various assessors depending on location and have been really pleased with results! We used to just Google 'Fire Risk Assessors in XYZ' and the standard was poor to be honest.

All of these on the list we believe are accredited to some level (various Tiers 1,2 and 3) depending on the levels of expertise you need.

As I say, not sure if this answers you 100% but thought I would just share our experiences! :)

https://www.firesectorfederation.co.uk/ ... directory/
"If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor." ../.
Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Re: Fire Risk Assessor Competency Checklist

Post by Penfold »

Thanks Paul, its more of a checklist where I have a list of the competencies framework from National Fire Chief Council (or similar) so when we tender for the work we can check off the information similar to a PQQ process

Thanks for the link will check the people who apply against that
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy