National Fire Risk Assessor Register

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

National Fire Risk Assessor Register

Post by hammer1 »

C&P from the IFSM communication on this.....

Just an update and result that has come out of Working Group 4 (fire risk assessor competency). As you know the group, which we have taken one of the most active roles in, produced some time ago the National Framework ACoP for competency in fire risk assessors as part of the completion of its part of the DJH report and has now also launched the national fire risk assessors register which is on the Fire Sector Federation website.

The link is: https://www.firesectorfederation.co.uk/ ... directory/

Members should note that this is a national register so contains all the registrants from all the registers that are ‘out there’ including IFPO, IFE, FRACS etc. For those members who are on our TFRAR register, everyone is listed on the national register together with which Tier level they are registered for.

This is a major achievement for the Institute as we have always campaigned for a national register of fire risk assessors from when we first set up our initial register. Please note this register is still work in progress, once a name is found then a link should take you directly to whichever register the person is registered with. The register has also already dated since we submitted the names as new and upgraded registrants are not included. The next stage will be to fully automate the system.

Kind regards,

Bob Docherty
Chairman Technical and Skills Competency and Young Professional Subgroups
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: National Fire Risk Assessor Register

Post by Messy »

👍A real step forward for businesses and the public in improving access to professional fire safety advice - even if I am not on it 🤔
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by witsd »

Me neither.

Whats the line about not going to any club that would have me as a member?!

Seriously, its something I've been meaning to do for ever, but I really don't like interviews, and they (AFAIK) always require some nonsense like that.
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Post by Messy »

I see the register as a marketing tool at present and as I am employed full time, its not for me.

Of course, eventually we will all have to go on a 'gas safe' type register , but with 3 years before I retire, I really haven't got the appetite to jump thru a load of hoops 🙄

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy