We've rebooted our Facebook Group. If groups are your thing, join up and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

When is a fire door not a fire door?

Discuss all things fire related.

Moderator: Moderators

Marko again

Re: When is a fire door not a fire door?

Post by Marko again » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Dear all

Many thanks for the quick responses and I apologise for the brevity of the post which has logically led to certain assumptions.

(I have been a member on here since 2006/8 but keep forgetting password and password re-activation email not being received so I thought it would be easier if I just logged on again.)

I guess I am just getting bogged down with reading about fire doors must have labels on them and BS1935.

The history of this is that I have time to "gild the lily" on the systems here so I am trying to carry out a comprehensive fire door audit of the campus.

Therefore I sought whether there was a suitably designed checklist on the internet and found a couple but they both mention the door MUST have a label on them and BS standard hinges.

I also found details of a course which would make me an official fire door inspector for 3 years only at a price of £2k. (thank you Messy for the details you provided, most useful).

So all this information caused me to doubt myself, wonder whether I have missed anything.

So I thank you Berni for your comment regards the hinges, it does give me peace of mind.

Back in the day I knew what the cores meant, but I have been working here so long that I rarely come across them so thank you for putting me out of my misery Stephen.

As always gentlemen, it has been a pleasure.

Regards

Mark

bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: When is a fire door not a fire door?

Post by bernicarey » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation. ./thumbsup..

If you message Alexis, she should be able to sort out your old details if you'd like to restore your history of activity. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy