DSEAR assessments?

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

DSEAR assessments?

Post by hammer1 »

Morning folks

Not overly knowledgeable about DSEAR, however when would you class an assessment is required?

I have had assessments on small pant rooms that may have a single commercial gas boiler/heating services that require DSEAR assessment, Surely the explosive atmosphere/substances needs to be a risk for an assessment to be needed?
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: DSEAR assessments?

Post by witsd »

When recommended by the FRA? :D

I treat them as similar to lightning risk assessments. When the fire risk assessor recognises that it's out of their league, then they ought to be recommending a further specific risk assessment by a competent individual.
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'
hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

Re: DSEAR assessments?

Post by hammer1 »

witsd wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:27 am When recommended by the FRA? :D

I treat them as similar to lightning risk assessments. When the fire risk assessor recognises that it's out of their league, then they ought to be recommending a further specific risk assessment by a competent individual.

Ha ha ha, these FRAs are recommending them, however I feel its more of a generic request rather than from a risk assess point of view, some of these plant rooms are 5m x 5m, I would expect the risk assessor to assess permanent ventilation (PV)/ shut off facility/ detector facility (gas)/PPM etc and then justify why a DSEAR is required if it does, which I very much doubt it does at all.
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy