We've rebooted our Facebook Group. If groups are your thing, join up and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Health & Safety Day...

Discuss all things fire related.

Moderator: Moderators

sharprc
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Health & Safety Day...

Post by sharprc » Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi Folks, typing this before I go to sleep...

I am looking to get my local Fire Brigade (Sco: Grampian/Eng: West Midlands)in to run a stall over a lunch period and talk to staff, has anyone done this before?

Just want them to talk about home fire safety and so on, nothing too in depth...

Rob
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance"

kevlarion
Blue Sky Moderator
Blue Sky Moderator

Re: Health & Safety Day...

Post by kevlarion » Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 am

Sounds like a good bit of public safety campaigning.
If it isn't broken, that doesn't mean you can't improve it. (Do three negatives make a positive ?)

dave247
Dangerous Dave
Dangerous Dave
Industry Sector: Waste

Post by dave247 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 am

We have done that but they would only pop in for an hour or so but was very good.

If you can give them notice the west Mids air ambulance will come out, St. John's ambulance and we had the NHS, police traffic, VOSA too.

A good one that nobody ever considers is that a lot of accidents happen with people not being focused on what they are doing, this could be down to relationship issues or debts (especially the pay day loans) so would suggest getting in citizens advice to do a drop in clinic.
For brilliance and, at the same time, for consistency of achievement, for activity in philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of management and for general alertness, the superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: Ex London Fire Brigade. Now 'retired' and providing bespoke fire safety solutions to a large worldwide portfolio of premises by an employer with long pockets and short arms!

Post by Messy » Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 am

So called 'Community Fire Safety' is the BIG thing across all UK fire services. The Fire Service woke up some years ago and realised that most people who die in fires do so at home, whilst asleep, yet they were targeting the overwhelming majority of their prevention resources into statutory fire safety (business & commerce) where few people die

So CFS is seen a the No 1 target. I would strongly suggest that you contact the Station Manager of the local fire station in the first instance. West Mids are well known to be ahead of the game in most areas, so I do not foresee a problem. You wont find any Grampian Fire & Rescue any more as they are now (since 2013) part of one unified Scottish Fire & Rescue Service

Good luck

TZsafety
Student
Student

Post by TZsafety » Wed May 27, 2015 9:50 am

A Site I manage had the local FRS in and it went down well.
Another excellent course held was Road Safety - If I recall it was similar organisation to the Speed Awareness where you can attend if you are just caught over the speed limit. A Road Police Officer attended with Driving simulator, beer goggles etc etc - it went down really well.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy