Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

simple74
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Construction

Best Practise - Working Groups

Post by simple74 »

What are your thoughts on having a best practise section which would act as working group to look at specific issues raised within the forum.

I sit on many commitees Working well together - UKCG and so on, these are all good examples in there own right but with all the resources within these forums its a shame not to tap into that font of knowledge, we have so many experianced individuals from such a varied sectors

This would generate a lot of benchmarking and would allow the forum users to see what good looks like.

Feedback welcome!!
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
Geoff
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Heat exchangers - Engineering
Occupation: Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, ASME, IIP, NDT, Inspection

Re: Best Practise - Working Groups

Post by Geoff »

Sounds a good idea
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

I like the idea. We do something similar at work and it does seem to be beneficial.

When suggestions come in for setting up new sections on the forums, I always ask myself if the typical contents of a new section would fit anywhere else in the forums.

Would this be the same as posting general comments in the general section looking for help with certain issues?

Our corporate best practice site shows images and descriptions of how an issue was dealt with or improved. For me though, to show pictures of my workplace on the forums would need consent from work, and personally I'm not too keen on going down that route. That's not to say it wouldn't be possible for plenty other users.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
simple74
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Construction

Post by simple74 »

For me Jack it would be based around policies, processes and procedures - there are so many excellent examples being used it would be good to consolidate all our resources within these forums into producing one rolls royce version.

pictorial evidence to demonstrate best practise is not quite what i was refering to, it would be a forum/suggestion based approach where individuals would volunteer to look at target issues which are identified through the forum
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy