GC2 and NCC1 how similar?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

haji

GC2 and NCC1 how similar?

Post by haji »

Hi guys i passed my nebosh general certificate and now doing a conversion to the contruction certficate

I wanted to ask how similar is the gc2 and ncc1 i been looking at the book and it looks very similar to the gc2 am i right in thinking thats the case?
PaulDonaldson
Trainer of all, master of none
Trainer of all, master of none
Twitter: safety-heart

Re: GC2 and NCC1 how similar?

Post by PaulDonaldson »

Yes it is very similar. They touch on demolition and more on construction transport but other than that they almost identical.
If you do what you always done, you will get what you always got.
http://www.safety-heart.co.uk Lets us put safety at the HEART of your business
haji

Post by haji »

PaulDonaldson wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:50 pm Yes it is very similar. They touch on demolition and more on construction transport but other than that they almost identical.
yh looks very similar do you think me revising with ed ferrett third edition revision book is good? i still have that from buying it of amazon for the nebosh general certificate would it help still for ncc1?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

haji wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm
PaulDonaldson wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:50 pm Yes it is very similar. They touch on demolition and more on construction transport but other than that they almost identical.
yh looks very similar do you think me revising with ed ferrett third edition revision book is good? i still have that from buying it of amazon for the nebosh general certificate would it help still for ncc1?

It will help a little but it will not cover demolition etc as Paul has outlined above. ED Ferrett also has construction books which are similar to the GC books.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
haji

Post by haji »

WillPool wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:55 pm
haji wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm

It will help a little but it will not cover demolition etc as Paul has outlined above. ED Ferrett also has construction books which are similar to the GC books.

Will .salut
ok got you.

but apart from the demoliton and few other units the rest of the stuff is same in what is found in the 3rd edition of ed book?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Some of it will be similar but when I did my conversion course, if I remember rightly, all the big point questions were on the scaffolding, excavations, load lifting etc

For me if I was doing the course again, I wouldnt risk taking the chance of not revising 'construction' aspects' and hope to get a pass on what I already know.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
GavGregson
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Ports & Marine

Post by GavGregson »

morning haji,
I have both Hughes & Ferrett books still sat on my desk,
the construction has a third more content than the general, and given that the exam is based purely on construction, I would hit the book as hard as possible. ( ultimately the H&S construction book was written to gain all the knowledge to assist in completing the exam)
I personally would not use any course material which isn't written for that particular NEBOSH exam .

kind regards
Gav Gregson
Last edited by GavGregson on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
measure twice, cut once
haji

Post by haji »

GavGregson wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:43 am morning haji,
I have both Hughes & Ferrett books still sat on my desk,
the construction has a third more content than the general, and given that the exam is based purely on construction, I would hit the book as hard as possible. ( ultimately the H&S construction book was written to gain all the knowledge to assist in completing the exam)
I personally would not any course material which isn't written for that particular NEBOSH exam .

kind regards
Gav Gregson
Morning gav thanks for that yea im revising all the units as if i dont know anything but so far from what i seen other then excavation demolitions and cdms the rest is the same stuff

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy