Anyone out there?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikingr
Industry Sector: Construction

Anyone out there?

Post by Vikingr »

Hi :wave:

Is there anyone else taking/studying for the NCC at the minute?
Seem to be all on my lonesome :(

Rob
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Anyone out there?

Post by Alexis »

robtarn495 wrote:Hi :wave:

Is there anyone else taking/studying for the NCC at the minute?
Seem to be all on my lonesome :(

Rob
Bringing this one back for you Rob. :lol: I'm sure you're not on your own. Give them time! :lol: This is a quiet time for folks to recover before coming back to us for the next lot of study. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
MrNugget
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by MrNugget »

Me me me lol
MrNugget
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by MrNugget »

Not really but give me a few months and ill be able to get involved. Good luck with the studies again Rob.
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

Post by YoungNick »

Rob, feel free to PM me or just keep posting on HSfB, we are all here to give you that support you need, even if its just a reminder that you are not alone or going insane ;)
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
Vikingr

Post by Vikingr »

Thanks Alexis, jay and young(mick) :lol: I appreciate it ../.
Jane1701
Student
Student

Post by Jane1701 »

Hi

I am currently panic studying for my exam in April.

I have completed the general cert (awaiting results) so thought I would do the extra module for the construction cert while I am still in study mode.

Starting to wonder why on earth I booked the NCCC1 exam so soon only giving myself 3 weeks to study but it's done now so there's nothing left to do but read & panic! ../. :|

I have only recently been on my first visit to a construction site & have mainly a accounting background so it's all completely new & baffling to me at the moment! Haha

How are you finding it Rob? Give me a shout if you need any help with anything. Not sure how much help I can be there, but they say 2 heads are better than one so the offer is there ./thumbsup..
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator

Post by YoungNick »

Hey Jane :wave:

Just a welcome to the forums from me :D

Im not sure if you have found it yet, but we have a downloads section which is full of FREE study material for NEBOSH studies and more, a lot is also on there for the NCC, so please feel free to take a look and check if they is anything on there which could help!

Here we go :) http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nick

Jane1701
Student
Student

Post by Jane1701 »

Hi Nick

That is fantastic! Thank you very much, I will start looking through this first thing tomorrow.

My head is slightly frazzled after a good 13 hour study today ../.
Vikingr

Post by Vikingr »

Hi jane, glad to know im not alone! Since finishing my NGC exams in December I haven't really touched anything nebosh :lol:

Im considering doing 7 weeks hard study and getting in on the june exam To get it out of the way.
The lack of motivation I'm having at the moment, the sept exams are looking more realistic.

Im finding it hard to gauge how much extra work it needs for the ncc1 exam, not that im lazy or anything I managed to pass the ngc with four months self study. I felt more determined then though lol ../.
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator

Post by YoungNick »

Hey Rob

After i completed the NGC classroom based, i self studied NCC1 and than carried out the NCC2 Practical at my old college.

I started my NCC1 self study revision in March 2011 and sat the exam June 2011 so i didn't do it over a short timeframe but it is most certainly achievable after seeing the results and hearing the feedback and alike from other members around here. As long as you put the time, effort and consistency into it, you will be ready in 7 weeks i believe clapclap

I used the Ed Ferret book, past papers from NEBOSH and the brilliant material on here (tonnes referring too the NCC) and that is all i needed ../. ./thumbsup..

Nick

Jane1701
Student
Student

Post by Jane1701 »

Hi Rob

You can do it! Get it booked then you have a set deadline! It's surprising how much a panic can motivate you.

I planned to learn the material first then book my exam when I felt ready but I ended up printing off the material, putting it all in a well organised file and then tossing it to one side & getting distracted by more interesting things like holidays! Haha

If you book it & know in your mind that the date is approaching then the motivation will soon appear!

To be honest I was told that after completing the general cert, the construction cert would be easy but I can't really agree. Although the course has the same section titles, the content is quite different. This may be down to my lack of construction knowledge, but if you can dedicate some time to read through it you will be fine!

I have my exam this Friday so I will let you know if it's possible in June when I get the results!! :?

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy