Back pain

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Re: Back pain

Post by Penfold »

UPDATE

Well physio discharged me 6 weeks ago but ever since the pain and stiffness has been coming back and had to see GP last night to increase painkillers again, he has asked me to attend physio again to see what can be done

Very sore getting up in mornings and doing the exercises that physio told me to do is causing lots of pain so had to cut right back

FED UP
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
Coolcat
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Plastic Manufacturing

Post by Coolcat »

:( bighug bighug bighug bighug
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
--Albert Camus
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Take care Penners. bighug bighug
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

Penfold wrote:UPDATE

Well physio discharged me 6 weeks ago but ever since the pain and stiffness has been coming back and had to see GP last night to increase painkillers again, he has asked me to attend physio again to see what can be done

Very sore getting up in mornings and doing the exercises that physio told me to do is causing lots of pain so had to cut right back

FED UP
Penfold - I have not read the entire post so apologies if suggested already, has TENS been mentioned ? http://www.patient.co.uk/health/tens-machines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Post by Penfold »

Hi

Thanks for message, I use tens machine most days and helps a bit as well as heat bags.

Will try anything
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
ia4828

Post by ia4828 »

Hey, a bit late but this sounds a little like it could be degenerative disc disease. I was labouring a few years back and as I lifted a piece of cardboard (of all things) I had a shooting pain go straight through me, as though lightning had struck my lower back and coursed down my right leg. My boss had to call an ambulance as I could not overcome the pain to get up. When I got to the hospital they gave me oramorph and sent me on my way. It took 6 months of continuous pain and gp visits to convince the doctors to look further. It turns out my mri showed steinosis on 5 verterbrae and all my discs had dried out. On top of that, 2 verterbrae moved into my spinal cord and to this day they are still "abutting the s1 nerve root". I know this is a really late posting to the forum but it could be beneficial to others, especially given occupational health in industrial and construction industries. I had to give up labouring and given that i've always worked in construction i worked my way up and am now a freelance site agent.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

ia4828 wrote:Hey, a bit late but this sounds a little like it could be degenerative disc disease. I was labouring a few years back and as I lifted a piece of cardboard (of all things) I had a shooting pain go straight through me, as though lightning had struck my lower back and coursed down my right leg. My boss had to call an ambulance as I could not overcome the pain to get up. When I got to the hospital they gave me oramorph and sent me on my way. It took 6 months of continuous pain and gp visits to convince the doctors to look further. It turns out my mri showed steinosis on 5 verterbrae and all my discs had dried out. On top of that, 2 verterbrae moved into my spinal cord and to this day they are still "abutting the s1 nerve root". I know this is a really late posting to the forum but it could be beneficial to others, especially given occupational health in industrial and construction industries. I had to give up labouring and given that i've always worked in construction i worked my way up and am now a freelance site agent.
Welcome to the forums :wave:

Sorry to hear about your injury, it just goes to show it is not always the heaviest things, that cause injury, it is all about the correct technique in lifting :thumbup:

Thanks for the info and glad to see you made your way to become a site agent ./thumbsup..

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

ia4828 wrote:Hey, a bit late but this sounds a little like it could be degenerative disc disease. I was labouring a few years back and as I lifted a piece of cardboard (of all things) I had a shooting pain go straight through me, as though lightning had struck my lower back and coursed down my right leg. My boss had to call an ambulance as I could not overcome the pain to get up. When I got to the hospital they gave me oramorph and sent me on my way. It took 6 months of continuous pain and gp visits to convince the doctors to look further. It turns out my mri showed steinosis on 5 verterbrae and all my discs had dried out. On top of that, 2 verterbrae moved into my spinal cord and to this day they are still "abutting the s1 nerve root". I know this is a really late posting to the forum but it could be beneficial to others, especially given occupational health in industrial and construction industries. I had to give up labouring and given that i've always worked in construction i worked my way up and am now a freelance site agent.
Another warm welcome from me too ia. :wave:

Glad you are still working and good on you for diversifying to the position you hold today. clapclap

Good to have you join us. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy