Enviro qualifications - not sure where to start!

Discuss all things environmental.

Moderator: Moderators

NegKes

Enviro qualifications - not sure where to start!

Post by NegKes »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post - I am a long time lurker, but first-time poster!

I am looking to do an environmental qualification, but I am not sure what route to take, or even if environmental qualifications are considered valuable by employers. I find the topic interesting, and always have done, but I am not sure if getting a qualification is a waste of money.

I know IEMA and NEBOSH are the big players in this field but are there any others? I am not even sure I know what kind of knowledge employers want from their employees - if at all! Is it worth waiting until after Brexit, when we have a clearer idea about what kind of policy/governance/legislation etc will be used?

Sorry for the vague questions, but if anyone could help me, that would be great!
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: Enviro qualifications - not sure where to start!

Post by WillPool »

Hi NegKes

Welcome to the the forums and your first post :wave:

Qualifications are good and different companies will hold them with differing attitudes depending on how bought in they are to H&S, environment, quality etc etc.

I did a level 3 online course through Reeds (who were selling Brentwood Open Learning College courses) which only cost about fifty pounds but you need to pay about another 80 (if my old brain serves me correctly) for the certificate.

There are many providers of a level 3 management course and it is hard to narrow it down to one provider depending on what finds you have and also what type of learning best suits you.

The course I completed was a basic course, easy to maneuver through and I passed at first attempt. I am also subsequently doing an online environmental (ISO 14001) internal auditor qualification (approved by IEMA) which although only one module in is a good way to learn it and the learning materials are good. I also did a 45001 course with the same provider. I would not do this course with the Env Cert and /or other auditing experience though

There are many qualifications out there and whether you do online, classroom or a blend of both is entirely down to individual learning abilities and also cost.

If you want details on any of the courses I have mentioned please PM me.

Hope it helps ./thumbsup..

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy