Asset Management software

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Extankman
Industry Sector: Construction

Asset Management software

Post by Extankman »

Hi all,

Just a quick one really.

I have asked to compile a database of plant and equipment across the business.

The business is quite large and I've been thinking it may be better to put forward an argument to have an asset management program that could then also highlight service dates etc. Something not too dissimilar to JAMES for any military/ex military bods but obviously I wanted to see if anyone else uses such software and if it was A; beneficial B; cost effective C; easy to use.

Any help or suggestions/guidance would be greatly received.

Cheers all

Daz.
Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Asset Management software

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ;)
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
kevlarion
Blue Sky Moderator
Blue Sky Moderator

Post by kevlarion »

I use a database for this, free on android, so I can use a tablet and record details on the spot rather than writing then typing.
If you have access on your computer you could knock together a database on that in an hour or two.
You could use a spreadsheet in a pinch, although spreadsheets are not very good at keeping records (they are better for number crunching).
If it isn't broken, that doesn't mean you can't improve it. (Do three negatives make a positive ?)
Extankman
Industry Sector: Construction

Post by Extankman »

Hiya Kelv

Many thanks :)

could you point me in the right direction for this as I am banging my head against the wall with my horrifically limited excel skill :(put the at thingy in here)

Extanks
Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid
kevlarion
Blue Sky Moderator
Blue Sky Moderator

Post by kevlarion »

Well.... if your excel skills are very limited, this might not be a straightforward task.

Off the shelf systems are available, and there are even free ones.... well with a resticted feature set.

try a search for CMMS software, of Maintenance Software.

Most products offer a free trial, so you can find something that meets your needs.
If it isn't broken, that doesn't mean you can't improve it. (Do three negatives make a positive ?)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy