HOW GOOD IS SKYPE?

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

acko 338
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: From July 1st - Director / Owner of Black & White (UK) Ltd as well as Glyn Atkinson Safety Services - self employed Health and Safety Consultant / Advisor / Technical Author.
Location: GRIMSBY TOWN - I NOW KNOW HOW TO DEFINE OPTIMISM !!

HOW GOOD IS SKYPE?

Post by acko 338 »

On Christmas afternoon, triple Skype screens on between two forces homes in Germany, and one proud Nanna and Grandad home in England, watching their 8 grandchildren all open presents as the others watched, everybody in the families then chatting to each other and planning a Christmas trip to Germany in 2013.

How good is Skype? - always there to see the missing grand-kids - I was also able to read a bedtime story two weeks ago to a poorly grandson in his sick bed in Germany - coz Grandad adds in all of the silly animal noises that mum and dad don't !
http://atkinsonsafetyservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also sole director of Black & White (UK) Ltd - looking for more training and consultancy work.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: HOW GOOD IS SKYPE?

Post by Alexis »

That all sounds great Acko. :D I haven't used mine yet. I keep meaning to for my family down in Yorkshire and London. Will put on my resolution list. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
acko 338
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: From July 1st - Director / Owner of Black & White (UK) Ltd as well as Glyn Atkinson Safety Services - self employed Health and Safety Consultant / Advisor / Technical Author.

Post by acko 338 »

Saves a fortune on phone bills, especially across to two German Forces locations.

Best for me is not missing out on grandchildren growing up and literally having grown since your last visit.
http://atkinsonsafetyservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also sole director of Black & White (UK) Ltd - looking for more training and consultancy work.
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

It's excellent not just on saving money but the call quality is far better than through a normal landline. landline sounds like you are trying to contact mars, where skype is clear as a bell. How do they actually make money?
acko 338
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by acko 338 »

I don't know, but for God's sake, don't give them any tips on charging !!

colinaugust57
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by colinaugust57 »

I have been using it for a few years now, contacting Australia, Saudi Arabia, USA and various places in the UK, it is simply brilliant. You an also use
Facebook video chat and MSN video - all for free :D

.salut
A failure ! Me ? Rubbish, I have never been a success
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

I find it OK but it does depend on internet quality, when I have worked abroad in Middle East & Africa the internet quality was not great therefor Skype was poor, it kept dropping out and there was a lot of feedback on the picture and sound which gave very poor listening and viewing.

Since then I have found facetime on my iphone & ipad etc i find this far more superior to Skype and there is hardly any lag etc even when internet quality is poor.

Whilst Skype is OK, Facetime is the way ahead from me [ersonally.

Will
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy