NEW kindle Fire

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

NEW kindle Fire

Post by Reddwarf »

probably a bit behind the times but Amazon are due to launch the New kindle Fire (not to be confused with the recent kindle launched for £89).

i would describe it as a very large apple Itouch with a 7 inch screen and the amazing thing is it is reckoned to be selling for £129 they are already talking about it taking on the Apple IPAD in fact they are due to launch Fire 2 in the USA sometime in the first half of next year and that apple are having to respond with IPAD3.

I wouldn't say it would be better than IPad but at £129 I think they have real competition as i wouldn't pay £400+ for an IPAD but £129 for the kindle fire is pocket money. It has smaller memory but uses the cloud system to store all your data on for free including apps and videos, it uses android which isn't as popular as apples system but not far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsfLnMqOC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so it might be worth hanging on before buying the IPAD or even the recent kindle launch reader for £89. rumour is though that it won't be available before Christmas but possible January.

Red
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Re: NEW kindle Fire

Post by Keith1983 »

Sounds interesting, I'm surprised they didn't pull out the stops to get it launched before xmas though. Sounds like a great itme to launch to me. I do like ipads and when my current laptop gives up the ghost I would consider one. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled! (Ha ha ha eyes peeled, Apple get it!)
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I'm surprised they didn't go for a Christmas launch but possible as they have just launched the kindle e-reader for £89 the fire would have lost them sales as it does a heck a of a lot more for an extra £40. I have an itouch which i tend to use to quickly browse the internet and playing the odd game but the screen is to small bu the fire would be ideal for this.

Not sure what apps android offer but something to create and edit word documents would be great. Edited by Alexis and Helen. PM being sent Red.

I thinks people are to obsessive with the fashion of apple and pay silly money to be trendy or have the in gear including the IPHONE which i know several people on here have and swear by but £400-£500 is to much in my view even if i do like the idea and the technology i could never justify paying that for a gadget it doesn't float my boat :lol: :lol:

But £129 for a gadget I'm much happier paying and even upgrading a couple of years down the line.

Red
Keith1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

The price does certainly make it attractive! I think it best if we don't go down the love/hate Apple debate again!
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

They tested 3 low budget tablets on the Gadget Show last night. They mentioned which one was the best.
Suzi Perry then Said that when the Kindle Fire comes out, if the hype is to be beleived, it would blow the Tablet market wide open!
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

Blackstone wrote:They tested 3 low budget tablets on the Gadget Show last night. They mentioned which one was the best.
Suzi Perry then Said that when the Kindle Fire comes out, if the hype is to be beleived, it would blow the Tablet market wide open!
That's where i saw it Just surprised that it seems to have gone somewhat unknown in the uk. i guess Apple are better at the hype.
The price does certainly make it attractive! I think it best if we don't go down the love/hate Apple debate again!
I love Apple products it's the price and memory i have a problem with but with the Fire coming along no doubt the next apple IPAD will address some of these issues.

Like most of apples products Ipad Iphone they have all been stepping stones or points in history when technology as made a leap i think the FIre will be the next leap in affordable high end technology so hopefully Apple has some real competition in taking consumers away from them on price point.

Red
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

good review here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugy3pQWSUGo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but the guy certainly knows how to talk. doesn't seem to mention storing photos on the device i assume you can?

Red
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: @safety_gal

Post by safetygal »

they know that everyone will buy the £89 kindle for christmas presents and still be impressed enough to buy the fire after christmas!

they are on to a marketing winner
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

safetygal wrote:they know that everyone will buy the £89 kindle for christmas presents and still be impressed enough to buy the fire after christmas!

they are on to a marketing winner
I think if you bought the kindle for £89 and then found out after Christmas you could buy the fire for £40 more and does lots more you would be a bit peeved. I know battery on the £89 kindle lasts days as opposed to 7hrs on the fire but being able to watch videos as well as email play games has to be the one to buy.

Hopefully posting this will give everyone a chance to have a re-think if they where looking at the £89 unit.

Red
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by safetygal »

if you are anything like my dad you will buy my mum the £89 kindle to keep her sweet (done) so that you can get away with buying yourself the fire when it comes out... sneaky daddy I have
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by safetygal »

AHHHHH - it seems its unlikely to come to the UK for years due to the fact that Amazon UK cannot support it!

sorry to disappoint you gadget fellas
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

safetygal wrote:AHHHHH - it seems its unlikely to come to the UK for years due to the fact that Amazon UK cannot support it!

sorry to disappoint you gadget fellas
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't say things like that you can't separate a man and his gadgets. From what i have read it is coming in the new year. It better do i have cancelled Christmas until they have it in stock. ;) :lol:

red

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy