Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi there Leeski and Welcome to the forums. :D :D

Why purchase anything from ebay, when you can have it all for FREE in this site? Just click on the big blue button at the top of the page and you are into the main site, where you will find FREE stuff that will help with your studies. ;)

Don't be daunted by everything at the beginning. Everyone will come in soon to tell you the same thing..........It will all fit into place nicely. ;)

Anything you need help with will come from the brilliant H&S people within this site. They are just great at helping.

Good luck with everything and ask any question you like. Always someone with the answer. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Gladiator
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

Re: long courses

Post by Gladiator »

Ginge1305 wrote:you guys really scare me now I did the two week intensive nebosh gen cert at woodland grange in leamington TWO WEEKS !!! and you say that some of you did it over months yikes is my brain now really mushed or do you lot have a really good long term memory how do you remember the day 1 week 1 on day x week 13

good luck withthe work and as I have said before on posts , use this site , past paper your self into a dark room and revise like mad
Ginge

It's a case of, we need to remember for the rest of our working lives due in the main it's what we do; that ol elf an safety thing, among other duties. Ahhh the life of a Health and Safety Practitioner. Be clear though to remember everything is quite impossible, to know where to look? That is something different altogether.

Take it easy

G
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

Hey Leeski,

Welcome to the forums :D hsfbwelcome

I don't want to alarm you but it has been known that people sell the free materials on this very site on ebay :shock: I hope you haven't bought any of our free items available for download as Alexis has mentioned.

Anyway, if you have any questions at all, just ask :D

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Hi J

Not sure..... i will stand by your intellectual rights over anything i may come by and know where your coming from... .... my concern right now is my course and feel i need some help. what comes to me ill copy you in. will post MAYDAY! in next few days!....;)

regards m8

Lee
Leeski

Clear run up to course commencing...

Post by Leeski »

Ok guys,

I'm in need some clear advice on where to start now. I seem to be drowning in the quagmire of stuff i have been reading here and other resources. Seems that most of it will be better placed once the course is underway, but right now it is un-nerving me somewhat. Maybe im just taking in / on too much in one go, so if anyone can assist in getting my mind where it should be for the run up to the course i will be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Lee
hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

Re: Clear run up to course commencing...

Post by hammer1 »

Leeski wrote:Ok guys,

I'm in need some clear advice on where to start now. I seem to be drowning in the quagmire of stuff i have been reading here and other resources. Seems that most of it will be better placed once the course is underway, but right now it is un-nerving me somewhat. Maybe im just taking in / on too much in one go, so if anyone can assist in getting my mind where it should be for the run up to the course i will be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Lee

My advice as a fella H&S guy finding his feet is that with the management of H&S is to first get a detailed knowledge of the HSG 65. This will lead you on to other paths. Just get a basic knowledge of where they lead you and it will all start to fall in place and start to connect.
Make use of the revision notes on this site, as most of it cuts out the stuff you don't really need to know right now, you can take that in after your exams at a pace you can deal with.

Organise yourself, Don't panic {easy to say I know ;) }
Start reading a few exam papers {answers} after a good while after studying {2-3weeks after} you will start to to understand hopefully.

Anyway we are all different, so just do your best because thats all you can do mate.

;)

Good luck
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Lee

A good tutor will allow the course to unfold and you will take on board as it develops. For now, try concentrating on the contents of the book. Do you have that yet? F&H should be the choice.

Stay with the forum, search around there really is a plethora of information freely available.

Good luck

G
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Thats great, Thanx m8.....

I see theres a few (understatement, lol) similar posts here on same topic. Was also thinking that i would be spending more time scanning the threads n posts for relevant info, but guess guys like urs self can put ya finger on most of it by now.... keep it coming fellow stundents and mentors,.. please!

Lee ('ski)
bobiamlostagain
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Question

Post by bobiamlostagain »

How would you answer this question?
Outline the THREE standard conditions that must be met for an employee to prove negligence against an employer.
Would you start it like this, the three standard conditions that must be met for an employee to prove negligence against an employer are,
or would you just answer it, firstly that there was a duty of care owed by the employer ---------
sly79
The Groover
The Groover

Post by sly79 »

Hello Bobiamlost,

getting to grips with the NEBOSH questions is quite challenging, i passed my NBGC this year but i am still not sure i fully understood what the outline looks for exactly but i will try. This is how i would answer this question:-

For an employee to prove negligence against their employer they must show/ prove that the employer had a duty of care, demostrate that the duty of care had been not been delivered by the employer, and they had therefore suffered an injury or financial loss as a result.

I have perhaps not worded this very well but i am sure the other will let me know! :roll:

hope it helps

Sly
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Poor Performance!

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/simon-holmes/13/664/921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Many thanks for the help so far guys. I have loads of revision doc's ihave been thru. Still hard to sink in but as Gladiator says, all should come into place with the tutor (who is supposed to very good). ANy more tips or help will always be accepted with great thanks. Feel free to MSN me or email with anything of use.

All systems go on Monday so wish me luck and fingers crossed!

'the best guys...

Lee ('ski)
bobiamlostagain
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by bobiamlostagain »

sly79 wrote:Hello Bobiamlost,

getting to grips with the NEBOSH questions is quite challenging, i passed my NBGC this year but i am still not sure i fully understood what the outline looks for exactly but i will try. This is how i would answer this question:-

For an employee to prove negligence against their employer they must show/ prove that the employer had a duty of care, demostrate that the duty of care had been not been delivered by the employer, and they had therefore suffered an injury or financial loss as a result.

I have perhaps not worded this very well but i am sure the other will let me know! :roll:

I have given alot more than that am I doing too much???

hope it helps

Sly

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy