Moderator: Moderators

EstherFT
Student
Student

OBE DECEMBER - task 5

Post by EstherFT »

Hi,

Here is my answer to this question;

"It is needed a change of behavior so that the workers see the appliance of the control measures and the new procedures as the normal thing to do. To get this change, first a change of attitude will be needed, because a change of attitude leads to a change of behavior. And this change will be reinforced if the workers are motivated.

To get a change of attitude workers have to see that the health and safety culture prevails, with management commitment and the promotion of the standards in health and safety. The workers notice this commitment in the guidance on best practice to work from home that has been sent to all of them, so they can prepare a proper environment to work at home.

The organization makes regular online meetings to keep workers informed, socialized, and to give them the opportunity to direct consultation, raising concerns.

The Managing Director arranges a meeting to prepare a plan to work again in the premises, and asks for a specific virus risk assessment, involving in its preparation the worker representatives, with their direct consultation.

Workers also see the management commitment because to properly implement the new and updated procedures, these will be monitored and supervised by the supervisors, through the safety observations coming up from the safety inspections, and by the managers, through the safety tours in the premises.

It has been already highlighted in the meeting to plan the works again in the premises that young workers need special attention, due to their lack of awareness of the risks and the influence of the peer group pressure.

The behavior can be changed with the specific training already planned, the communication of the safety rules so that they can be known, understood and applied, which is already being done in the current online meetings and planned to be done in future online meetings, plus the e-mails, noticeboards, posters, and being available on the company intranet.

The organization makes regular online meetings to keep workers informed, socialized, and to give them the opportunity to direct consultation, raising concerns.

The Managing Director arranges a meeting to prepare a plan to work again in the premises, and asks for a specific virus risk assessment, involving in its preparation the worker representatives, with their direct consultation.

The workers are motivated to apply the measures and improve performance because of their own safety, and the self-interest of protecting their own health.

As a summary I can say that the reasons why I believe that the organization will be effective in positively influencing the change of behavior are that it is needed a change of attitude, which needs management commitment and promotion of standards for health and safety. The behavior change will be reinforced with training and workers consultation, and finally workers need to be motivated. All these points are explained. So, the result will be a positive influence in the change of behavior."
Thank you ../.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: OBE DECEMBER - task 5

Post by Alexis »

Good Morning Esther.

I shall shortly be sending you a Private Message.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy