Moderator: Moderators

EstherFT
Student
Student

OBE DECEMBER - task 1

Post by EstherFT »

Hi,

Please see my answer to this question and give me some feedback;

"Although risks arising from working in the premises are being avoided with the workers working from home, different risks arise from this situation. The organization has being taking measures to control the workers discomfort while working, their level of stress and the possible consequences of isolation.

It has been made a procedure and a guidance on best practice to work from home, which takes into account the ergonomics and conditions that should have the workstation, so workers can develop their duties in proper comfort conditions.

This procedure also includes the environment conditions so workers can prepare their workplace at home to avoid stress while working in an unusual location.

Organization asked each department to deliver weekly online meetings with the workers, so workers can socialize with their workmates and release the isolation feeling.

Also, the organization gives the possibility to make one-to-one online meetings for workers who prefer this option for discussing issues, so all workers are included in the possibility of direct consultation, raising concerns.

In these meetings, workers can speak about their concerns, so they can feel that the organization is willing to keep communication ways open with them, making them be part of it.

According to the scenario, we can say that the organization is making an effort on keeping workers psychologically healthy, applying measures to decrease the mental pressure that means working alone from home, especially in the current circumstances where stress and isolation are risks which need immediate mitigation."

Thanks in advance for your collaboration and support. ../.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy