NEBOSH GC3 - Welfare Hazards????

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

kowal.ju

NEBOSH GC3 - Welfare Hazards????

Post by kowal.ju »

Good afternoon,

So I've just done my NGC1 and GC2 exams and now I'm starting my GC3. Instead of blabbing on I'll get straight to the point....

I have highlighted some welfare hazards such as no hot water, no rest facilities, toilet not working etc. however I'm finding it hard to think of any solid Risks and Consequences... I've put down low morale, poor wellbeing... but I'm not confident and I cant find anything online that would help

Thank you:)
PaulDonaldson
Trainer of all, master of none
Trainer of all, master of none
Twitter: safety-heart

Re: NEBOSH GC3 - Welfare Hazards????

Post by PaulDonaldson »

You have rightly identified the hazard, no hot water, consequences of that could be staff sickness due to eating with contaminated hands, no rest facilities is staff fatigue and toilet not working is staff illness and unpleasant smell around the workplace. Remember not to have any more than 4 hazards from the same hazard type in your report.
Hope this helps
If you do what you always done, you will get what you always got.
http://www.safety-heart.co.uk Lets us put safety at the HEART of your business
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

kowal.ju wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:26 pm Good afternoon,

So I've just done my NGC1 and GC2 exams and now I'm starting my GC3. Instead of blabbing on I'll get straight to the point....

I have highlighted some welfare hazards such as no hot water, no rest facilities, toilet not working etc. however I'm finding it hard to think of any solid Risks and Consequences... I've put down low morale, poor wellbeing... but I'm not confident and I cant find anything online that would help

Thank you:)
Just a welcome to HSfB from me kowal.ju. Can't get any better reply than Paul's. ;)

Good luck with it. .salut
PaulDonaldson wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:49 pm You have rightly identified the hazard, no hot water, consequences of that could be staff sickness due to eating with contaminated hands, no rest facilities is staff fatigue and toilet not working is staff illness and unpleasant smell around the workplace. Remember not to have any more than 4 hazards from the same hazard type in your report.
Hope this helps
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
ssmith65

Post by ssmith65 »

Make sure you quote the

The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992.

as most of what you stated above is contravention of this regulation. Expand on the other consequences of not complying as well like loss of company reputation, high staff turnover. Potentially corporate manslaughter charges if there was an accident.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy