Wiil this course sink in.

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Bootie999

Wiil this course sink in.

Post by Bootie999 »

Evening,
hours
Just started the General cert course,covered 10 hours so far and I'm finding it hard to take things in will it get easier as I get into the course.

Thanks Rob
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Wiil this course sink in.

Post by Alexis »

Hi Rob. :wave:

A very warm welcome to the site. :wave:

Good to have you with us right at the start of your study. You won't find a more helpful place to be. Our members are soooooo good at helping. .salut

What sort of course are you on? Distance learning, block course, or classroom based?

Doesn't really matter what sort of course you are on, this feeling of WHIT????? [smilie=smiley-faces-28.gif] :help: :homework: :crybaby: is all part of being NEBOSHed!! :lol: It will pass. I promise! ;) In the end you will feel........... :rock: ./thumbsup. :blob5: :occasion5:

Sorry, being a bit filppant.

This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

If you let us know which way you are studying, as above, we can guide you a little bit more, by others telling you their experiences. Good thing is, it will suddenly all fall into place. :D

In case you haven't found our main site pages to help with your studies, just click on the logo at the top left of this page. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/

You can also go to our STUDY SUPPORT area in the forums. http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/fo ... m.php?f=98 click on NEBOSH Certificate. http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/fo ... um.php?f=2 and click on any listed subject. Once in the subject area, you can go to the SEARCH THIS TOPIC, key in a couple of words and it will show you replies from our great members. ./thumbsup..

Hope this helps.

Good luck. Will look forward to virtually communicating during your study. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Mrs P
Student
Student
Twitter: @CakeTowers
Industry Sector: Local Authority

Post by Mrs P »

Hi Rob,

Yes it will get better once you get used to the NEBOSH way of wording questions. NGC1 is a bit heavy going if you've never done any law before, NG2 and NG3 will be easier if you have more practical leanings. Lots of good resources and shared experience on here. Good luck with it.

Mrs P
Bootie999

Post by Bootie999 »

Hi,
I'm studying the course via distance learning,im doing the general,fire ,construction and enviro so I will be busy.I'm in the military so I'm making the most of my ELC,i have the 2 day risk assessment course also the manage safely plus the environmental awareness course.I will do the general first once that is done,which course would I be best to do next.
Thanks Rob
Last edited by Bootie999 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Rob, I assume from your username you're a RM?
If I've read your last bit correctly, you're doing the NEBOSH general, fire, construction and enviro certs, starting with the NGC, but also planning on doing IOSH Managing Safely?
Did someone at the Resettlement Centre actually advise you to do that? If they did, get them taken outside and shot!

The IOSH MS is only 4 days classroom, the others are all 2 weeks. Compared to the NEBOSH Certificates, the MS is like something you do in your tea break. In fact, if memory serves correctly, the NEBOSH NGC is the lowest level qualification that IOSH will accept in order to teach the MS course.

What 'environmental awareness course' are you intending to do?
Is that the NEBOSH 'Award' one? https://www.nebosh.org.uk/Qualification ... =1308&ct=2
It hardly seems worth doing that if you're going to do the Enviro management certificate. https://www.nebosh.org.uk/qualification ... f=467&ct=2
You are literally taking of a course that's assessed by a 20 question multiple choice (awareness) and a course that's assessed by a 2 hour written paper plus an actual report (certificate).

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but it seems to me there would be more expedient ways to spend your ELCs.

But on the positive side, the 2 day Risk Assessment is worth doing.
I'd be tempted to do a MH Instructor course if you can, instead of the MS.

.salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Bootie999

Post by Bootie999 »

Evening
I’ve done the manage safely already as well as my environmental level one,I’m now studying the general.l then have the environment,fire and construction to do👍👍happy days will just crack on and see how I go.I explained my last post poorly 😡
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

./thumbsup..
Good Oh!
Glad you've got them in the right order; over the years we've seen some very strange choices made by some newbies to the forums when it came to going on courses. Usually because they havn't really understood what they were doing, or had poor advice.
Hopefully, you know that the NGC1 is common to the Fire and Const certs, so at least that's one advantage of doing them close together.

There quite a few ex Forces around here, so you're not alone in making the transition to civvy street. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy