NGC3

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Suep202

NGC3

Post by Suep202 »

Hi I am about to start studying for NGC3 but from my pre reading I understand (I think) that my observation has to find at least 20 uncontrolled hazards in my workplace. As we already carry out comprehensive risk assessments and identify such hazards and put appropriate measures in place I know I won't be able to find 20 completely uncontrolled. :? The only way I can think of to get round this would be to pretend that the hazards hadn't yet been controlled and then suggest appropriate measures or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Sue
ssmith65

Re: NGC3

Post by ssmith65 »

Nebosh wont visit and check where ever you decide to do your report and it will be marked internally by your course providor. I was in a simlilar position and listed items that although controlled at the time I pretended they were not for the sake of the report, you can of course include a couple that are control as example of good practice :)
Juan Carlos
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: NGC3

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hi, You probably will have already completed your assignment by now but yes, there is nothing wrong with making up some hazards, the important thing is to be able to identify the hazard AND the consequences and of course propose immediate and long term measures to control hazard effectively. You can put down up to 30 hazards including good practice observations.

I actually started marking NGC3 papers recently and one thing I can say is that many marks are missed due to people not reading properly what each section requires of them.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy