NEBOSH Guidance on command words

If you need help on any NEBOSH Certificate topic, just ask in here. There is no such thing as a stupid question in health and safety!

Moderator: Moderators

dadori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by dadori » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi all,
Recently on my igc 1 exam i have answered Identify question correctly however i have added a short example on each, will i lose
marks because of that?

User avatar
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Posts: 44581
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 am
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB
Location: West Lothian
Contact:

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by Alexis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:14 pm

dadori wrote:Hi all,
Recently on my igc 1 exam i have answered Identify question correctly however i have added a short example on each, will i lose
marks because of that?
Hi. :wave: No you won't lose marks dadori. You may not gain any extra marks either, but it is good that the Examiners will see, by your example, that you know the H&S side of what the question asked and if they were in doubt by your reply, this could also prove your knowledge. ./thumbsup..

If you had time to do this in exams, well done and good luck with your results. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Image

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

User avatar
AMC1
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:21 pm
Twitter: @Andy757T
Industry Sector: Public
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by AMC1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:18 pm

I have a habit of writing everything coming to mind, feeling that a short answer isn't legit enough, with practice it will be what is being asked only.
The safety bear says "survive to fight another day"

User avatar
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Posts: 44581
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 am
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB
Location: West Lothian
Contact:

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by Alexis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:20 pm

AMC1 wrote:I have a habit of writing everything coming to mind, feeling that a short answer isn't legit enough, with practice it will be what is being asked only.
That's right Safety Bear. Sometimes the Waffle ruins the actual reply.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Image

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

dc240969
Student
Student
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by dc240969 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Will you lose marks if questions arent as per command words but the detail is there?


User avatar
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Posts: 9552
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Industry Sector: Civils/Telecommunications
Location: Dumfries

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by WillPool » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am

dc240969 wrote:Will you lose marks if questions arent as per command words but the detail is there?
Yes, if you were to bullet point instead of explain then you will not get full marks, although you would get some points

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

jeet5233
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by jeet5233 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi Nick
I am planning to enroll for NEBOSH IGC in april. If I could get hold of a igc2 study material, it would be a blessing for me. Do you have any study material of igc?

User avatar
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Posts: 9552
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Industry Sector: Civils/Telecommunications
Location: Dumfries

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by WillPool » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:20 pm

jeet5233 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 pm
Hi Nick
I am planning to enroll for NEBOSH IGC in april. If I could get hold of a igc2 study material, it would be a blessing for me. Do you have any study material of igc?
Jeet

Welcome to the forums :hello2:

If you click the HSfB logo at the top of the page it will take you to our download section where there are materials to assist in learning and revising ;)

Good luck with your studies ../.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

User avatar
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Posts: 44581
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 am
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB
Location: West Lothian
Contact:

Re: NEBOSH Guidance on command words

Post by Alexis » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Jeet. :wave:

Just another warm welcome to HSfB from me. :D
WillPool wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:20 pm
jeet5233 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 pm
Hi Nick
I am planning to enroll for NEBOSH IGC in april. If I could get hold of a igc2 study material, it would be a blessing for me. Do you have any study material of igc?
Jeet

Welcome to the forums :hello2:

If you click the HSfB logo at the top of the page it will take you to our download section where there are materials to assist in learning and revising ;)

Good luck with your studies ../.

Will .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Image

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Post Reply

 

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy