Brighten my day.....

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Brighten my day.....

Post by Safety »

I had to smile last night and again this morning......

Why - well can you believe it that there was an Xmas advert of TV last night, mince pie one...and this morning on the radio too they are already on about Xmas.

I love Xmas, but really - the 6th October, Halloween and Bonfire night not yet out of the way .... .bounce seems to be getting earlier and earlier ... or am I getting older and older :D
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: Brighten my day.....

Post by Messy »

🙂🙂 If it was the same TV ad I saw, it also mentioned Halloween

If there was any diesel or drivers, I am sure easter eggs would be available next week 😋
Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Post by Safety »

Ha ha Messy, yes it did, killed two birds with one advert.....too funny :lol:
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate these adverts this early!

They only make me not want to go to their shop!

Easter Eggs are already in the shops here Messy, but then we are supposed to be a bit behind the times up here, so probably they are last year's eggs.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Post by Messy »

Alexis wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Easter Eggs are already in the shops here Messy, but then we are supposed to be a bit behind the times up here, so probably they are last year's eggs.
Many years ago when in the fire service, I worked for a driving agency on my days off. A regular job was for Cadburys (mmmm)

One day instead of delivering their devil's food :roll: , I was tasked with making several runs from their depot in west London to a waste incinerator in north London. The load? Unsold Easter eggs and easter boxes of chocolates. 3 loads in a 16 tonne truck in all.

Every load needed me to be accompanied by a manager to ensure I delivered it securely to the depot and the manager would witness the chocolate being loaded into the incinerator before we left.

I asked if I could have a massive box of chocolates with a daffodil photo on the from as Mrs Messy wasn't well. The manager said he would be sacked if he allowed it. Apparently, Cadbury allowed a number of charities to have their unsold stock one year. Childrens charities etc. However, the old stock found its way back in markets 12 moths later and of course, wasn't in the best condition

So from that time on, they burned all unsold stock..... disgraceful, but understandable
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Wow! That's some story Messy! :lol:
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy