A little life update

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

A little life update

Post by YoungNick »

Hello HSfB :wave:

A little while has passed since my last visit to the forum, but as ever the forum looks to be doing fantastic and by reading and updating my self with numerous posts, the members we have here have flourished and become professionals in their field of study and great participators in the forum (as for all you old timers, you still amaze me every time I visit sharing the wealth of information you have). It never ceases to amaze me how well HSfB keeps doing year on year with such great people and content.

And me? Well I am still here and loving every minute of it at the moment, work is great with lots of new possibilities on the horizon for the company and its people.

Life? Myself and my partner made the move from our parents in March and moved into our first home together, quite eventful with the move as it was a new build and the snags are endless and the phonecalls and waiting in for tradesmen to rectify issues... Well I won't go into it as i can see my self boiling while writing this :lol: :lol: Anyhow - the house is coming on fine and we seem to be quite settled now.

Oh and this little fellow arrived on 05/04/2018 ./thumbsup..
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 06.40.48.png
He has and is currently still being a little trooper, having only had him at our new home for two weeks, we had to resit the hospital on Saturday due to Noah having a condition called pyloric stenosis, none the less one operation later and lots of blood given up for testing, we was all discharged on Thursday and we plan to live it up a little this weekend and spoil him rotten with lots of formula and cuddles!

In total, with the labour and Noah's visit back, we spent 9 days in Hull Royal antenatal and postnatal wards and I can honestly say we are absolutely overwhelmed with the astonishing people who work there. All stories and experiences are different but in our time of absolute need with the NHS, we can honestly say that the time and dedication that the staff gave to us was amazing.

Take care all :D

Nick
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: A little life update

Post by Messy »

Blimey; what a stressful combination!!!

Moving home and bringing a little one into the world are incredibly stressful. I am sorry to hear both of these life enhancing changes have not gone smoothly, but perhaps you will love and appreciate them more because of the pain and tears you must have had

Many congratulations
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

congrats

What a wee cutie :angel13: , great to hear all is settling down a bit now Nick .cheers

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Well, that's quite an update.
Glad everything seems to be progressing, some of it at a better pace than others!
Great that little Noah was quickly diagnosed and treated. ./thumbsup..

Remember your priorities in life have now changed, a little one takes a bit of getting used to; every day is an adventure for each of you. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Coldrop
Major Injury
Major Injury
Industry Sector: Construction,RC Frame,Civils & Utilities

Post by Coldrop »

Congratulations on everything that's been happening and good luck with it all clapclap :D
Intellectuals solve problems but Geniuses prevent them!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Wonderful news Daddy! .bounce clapclap

congrats spongebob bighug

You have never done anything by halves Nick! :lol:

Best news of the year! Well done to you, your lovely wee Partner and baby Noah.

Got to say, that is one beeeeauuuuutifulllll baby boy. :love4:
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Mrs P
Student
Student
Twitter: @CakeTowers
Industry Sector: Local Authority

Post by Mrs P »

Congratulations! My husband had pyloric stenosis and was operated on at 6 weeks of age, more than 60 years ago. He never had any trouble at all after his op so let's hope little Noah is the same x
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

Congratulations Nick!!! clapclap

Hope they ge the home sorted asap, thats the last thing you want dragging on with a little 'un keeping you busy

Enjoy!! ./thumbsup..
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator

Post by YoungNick »

Thank you all so much for your kind words and congratulations, it really means a lot from all you folk here :D

Thankfully the house is coming along ok and the majority of the snags are now sorted - its more attention to detail (or lack of it) that we are trying to get sorted now.

Mrs P - We're hoping the same for Noah, we are told this should be the last of it and he will have no lasting problems in the future.

Here is to a happy bank holiday for us all, weather is looking super (for now anyway) so a nice bit of fresh air I think will be in order this weekend for us.

Enjoy your selves ./thumbsup..

Nick

Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

Good to see you again Nick :D :wave:

Welcome to the world and the forums Noah :D :wave:

Next week will also be your 8th anniversary on the forums Nick! Amazing how time flies.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator

Post by YoungNick »

Hello All :wave:

Another year has flown by so rapidly. I just wanted to share a photo of Noah who reached the grand old age of 1 in April.
Screenshot 2019-05-18 at 16.50.03.png
This past year has really taught me a few things about myself and the true meaning of what this thing called life is all about and how precious it really is, something I've taken for granted for such a long time.

This past year has had its up's and down's, the challenges of mental health and all the stressors of always trying to do the right thing has really tested myself and my partner.

My partner is suffering with post natal depression, good and bad days are a constant thing but the support she is getting and the improvements we have made are certainly helping and things are getting a little better each day.

The realisation that so many people are going through this sort of thing has made me think hard about how we can destroy the stigma behind mental health and actually learn to say 'no' when people ask us 'are you ok?' - I also attended a 2 day MHFA course not so long and and was shocked to see the statistics behind such mental health conditions. This isn't just aimed at post natal depression, nor is it aimed at just women but men also who really need to be open and honest with their pals and family (family is the difficult one, I know this first hand now), work colleagues/ strangers can sometimes be best people to speak to about this.

Anyhow, I'm rambling I'm going to dedicate a couple of hours to open up about this and our story, with a hope it may help anyone who stumbles across this post and just have that little niggle in the back of their mind, something like 'I just don't feel right' 'I never use to be like this or think like this'.

Nick :D

bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Hi Nick
Nice to see you're still with us and that things are slowly coming together.
Mental health is really getting a lot more discussion now.
'Struggling to do the right thing', Post Natal Depression, family, .... well that's quite a mixture which I can relate to as all those things have gone on in our family in the past few years, along with a few others, like Menopause, Deaths, Illness. They all become a very messy spider's web (none of the symmetry of the real thing, but just as complicated ;) ).

I wish you well .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy