Commercial purchase

Post all your health and safety law questions in here, whether it's case law, general law, individual Acts or Regulations you are challenged with, we are all here to help.

Moderator: Moderators

Gladiator
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

Commercial purchase

Post by Gladiator »

Not H&S related; but I wonder if we have any corporate lawyers as members or someone who takes an interest in such matters.

I am after defining information on what constitutes fixed items and what is not. The company have purchased a site of some 30 acres with around 15 bricks and mortar buildings, one however is a plumbed in and hard wired portacabin, the vendor is now saying this is not part of the sale as it is a portable building (for obvious reasons, its a portacabin) I am saying it was not on an excluded list from sale and they are saying it was not on an included list.

Anyone in the know any idea??

I need some factual and lawful information.

Many thanks

Gladiator
acko 338
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: From July 1st - Director / Owner of Black & White (UK) Ltd as well as Glyn Atkinson Safety Services - self employed Health and Safety Consultant / Advisor / Technical Author.
Location: GRIMSBY TOWN - I NOW KNOW HOW TO DEFINE OPTIMISM !!

Post by acko 338 »

When you buy a private house, you have to make out a list of fixtures, fittings and outside sheds, etc. that you will take or leave.

Once the list is signed up through the legal process, you are expected to adhere to that as your checklist when the new buyer moves in.

I would expect but am not sure if this is also a requirement in commercial sales.

The exchange contract should state somewhere that all fixtures and fittings not removed by the date of sale transfer ownership to the new owner, and if then required by the original seller, the cost of re-buying, any removal of utility service and transportation costs fall onto the original seller if the items are not required by the new owner.

It would all be listed within what would be a very tight contract of sale.
http://atkinsonsafetyservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also sole director of Black & White (UK) Ltd - looking for more training and consultancy work.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy