Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

Nick73

Post by Nick73 »

Hi Everybody,

I'm Nick and I work at a Bio Energy facility. With everything that has been happening in the past year the responsibility of carrying out risk assessments and method statements has fallen onto my lap due to having some previous experience.
I decided to take it further and completed my IOSH last week with HSQE and am now looking at NEBOSH General Cert( which they don't do) and hopefully moving onto the Diploma...Eventually.
Can anyone recommend an E-Learning training provider to use for the General Cert?
Also, is the 2018 version devalued at all against the 2014 version?

Thankyou
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: New Member

Post by Alexis »

Nick73 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm Hi Everybody,

I'm Nick and I work at a Bio Energy facility. With everything that has been happening in the past year the responsibility of carrying out risk assessments and method statements has fallen onto my lap due to having some previous experience.
I decided to take it further and completed my IOSH last week with HSQE and am now looking at NEBOSH General Cert( which they don't do) and hopefully moving onto the Diploma...Eventually.
Can anyone recommend an E-Learning training provider to use for the General Cert?
Also, is the 2018 version devalued at all against the 2014 version?

Thankyou
Hi there Nick and a very warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

We have lots of past posts asking this very question Nick. Have a look at some of these. search.php?keywords=recommend+training+providers

One of my own past posts:
Alexis wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 pm
Our Paul Donaldson (Moderator) is a Provider that I would urge you to contact for his own views. He won't hassle you to book with him, if he has any free and will provide you with a genuine guidance on who are good and who are not so good. Worthwhile Private Messaging him. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1128

I would also tell you to check out the NCRQ route. https://www.ncrq.org.uk/ This is a different way of learning and they are IOSH Approved, however, as yet, they may not be as recognised within the industry as NEBOSH at this point in time. Only my opinion of course, not based on any details.

We have past posts about NCRQ you may wish to have a look at. Just key in NCRQ into the Search function and you will find the numerous posts.

Good luck.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Nick73

Post by Nick73 »

Thanks for reply..
I did pm Paul a day or so ago, but wasn't sure if he was still available which is why I posted here today.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Nick73 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:28 pm Thanks for reply..
I did pm Paul a day or so ago, but wasn't sure if he was still available which is why I posted here today.
He will respond Nick. He's probably just tied up with his work.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy