Hello there

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

Fm Diver

Hello there

Post by Fm Diver »

Hi everyone.

Fairly new to Health and Safety but have found a passion for it through work experience and trying to help reduce people getting hurt at work (enjoyed looking at what issues were and how to further prevent them).

I have no health and safety background or prior knowledge, other than the absolute basics (what I'd like to think of as just common sense when it comes to being safe? :D)

Have had a good look around the forums and downloads page which I've found to be extremely thorough and helpful, especially for someone like myself who is new to all of this.

I have been interested in studying the Nebosh National General Certificate for a little while now, after researching what it is, what doors it opens and how exciting I find the course content and future jobs!

I do have one question regarding the above and is as follows - I'm looking to study this via online/distance learning. Has anyone else studied the NGC via this method and what training provider(s) would anyone recommend? I'm motivated to get this kicked off as soon as I can with as much backround reading as I can before I enroll with a provider. I've looked at lots of reviews on the internet about several providers and figured I'd reach out to you guys (hopefully anyway) for your much appreciated advice.

If you've made it this far, many thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble on, I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

FM.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Hello there

Post by Alexis »

Well.....Hello there FM Diver. .cheers

A very warm welcome to HSfB and our amazing members. :D

Lovely introduction and no I didn't fall asleep! ;)

I did my NGC distance learning and you are right in checking all the provider reviews to find one that suits you and of course your pocket. ;)

Our Paul Donaldson (Moderator) is a Provider that I would urge you to contact for his own views. He won't hassle you to book with him, if he has any free and will provide you with a genuine guidance on who are good and who are not so good. Worthwhile Private Messaging him. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1128

I would also tell you to check out the NCRQ route. https://www.ncrq.org.uk/ This is a different way of learning and they are IOSH Approved, however, as yet, they may not be as recognised within the industry as NEBOSH at this point in time. Only my opinion of course, not based on any details.

We have past posts about NCRQ you may wish to have a look at. Just key in NCRQ into the Search function and you will find the numerous posts.

I do know our members will come in when they can with their own experiences to help with your query FM.

Good luck. I will look forward to seeing what you decide. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy