Hi

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

sihollies

Hi

Post by sihollies »

Hi all,
Just thought I would drop in and say hi, as I have just registered.
Over the last tennish years I was in charge of our Departmental H&S for a large single hotel in probably the biggest worldwide hotel chain.
I did attend a 'Train the trainer' course for the company but have limited formal, recognised H&S training.
I have just started a new job at my local Football Club and have been asked to create a H&S regime, as there is absolutely nothing in place at the moment. (No idea how they got away with it TBH).
We currently have a H&S consultant, which all my work will be approved, (or not :D )by. But after all this International mayhem has finished, I will suggest that I go on a IOSH or NEBOSH course, so we can do it all inhouse.

Sorry that was a bit longwinded, but Hi :wave:

Simon
ScottD
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Logistics & warehousing

Re: Hi

Post by ScottD »

Hi Sihollies,

welcome to the site, you will get lots of advice and support here, have a look a the downloads section there are loads of free guides for you.
It is tough starting from scratch but it does mean it will all be your ideas and you will know what you need. There must be some sort of system in place if you have a consultant already?

As far as training goes, don't just assume NEBOSH is the answer, have a good look at NCRQ, British Safety Council for NVQ's etc. there is a lot of distance learning so you can start anytime you want.

Scott
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

Good Morning siholies

Good advice from ScottD ./thumbsup..

hsfbwelcome

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
sihollies

Post by sihollies »

Many Thanks,

You are correct Scott, there is a system in place somewhere, but it is so sketchy and fragmented, it is unbelievable!
I am used to a comprehensive, proactive regime & thats what I want to try & put in place at my current place of work.

Thanks for the advice regarding training. I'm pretty naive on the qualifications out there, so ady advice is extremely appreciated.

Many Thanks again,
Simon
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi sihollies.

Another warm welcome to HSfB from me also. :wave:
ScottD wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:54 am Hi Sihollies,

welcome to the site, you will get lots of advice and support here, have a look a the downloads section there are loads of free guides for you.
It is tough starting from scratch but it does mean it will all be your ideas and you will know what you need. There must be some sort of system in place if you have a consultant already?

As far as training goes, don't just assume NEBOSH is the answer, have a good look at NCRQ, British Safety Council for NVQ's etc. there is a lot of distance learning so you can start anytime you want.

Scott
Agree with Waterbaby on the advice given by Scott. ./thumbsup..

Good luck with whatever you chose and will look forward to hearing how you get on. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy