Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

Toasterinthebath
Student
Student

New To The Mad House

Post by Toasterinthebath »

Morning All!,

Just dropping a post into the ''introduce yourself'' section before I Melt in the sweltering heat.

I am new to the forum and have ready many posts and it is a breath of fresh air to read valuable posts and comments which I hope continues.

I am 26 from the North-East and currently work in Operations within soft services mainly security and facilities. I currently hold my IOSH Managing Safely and looking to start NCRQ giving the learning style to suit myself and unable to commit 12 Mondays off the trott from work to study NEBOSH at my local training provider.

If any other members are from the North-East on here I would love to hear from you. Would anyone recommend joining a local H & S group which meets once a month?, I am aware that the people at the meeting are all top dogs and holding NEBOSH and may frown upon someone who only has a IOSH at the moment.

Thanks
Jay
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: New To The Mad House

Post by Alexis »

wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 am Morning All!,

Just dropping a post into the ''introduce yourself'' section before I Melt in the sweltering heat.

I am new to the forum and have ready many posts and it is a breath of fresh air to read valuable posts and comments which I hope continues.

I am 26 from the North-East and currently work in Operations within soft services mainly security and facilities. I currently hold my IOSH Managing Safely and looking to start NCRQ giving the learning style to suit myself and unable to commit 12 Mondays off the trott from work to study NEBOSH at my local training provider.

If any other members are from the North-East on here I would love to hear from you. Would anyone recommend joining a local H & S group which meets once a month?, I am aware that the people at the meeting are all top dogs and holding NEBOSH and may frown upon someone who only has a IOSH at the moment.

Thanks
Jay
Hi there Jay and a very very warm (pun intended) welcome to our HSfB family, which will continue in the polite, kind and informative ethos created 14 years ago. Here's a link to our main site pages which explains. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/b ... -beginning

As for your question on joining your local Safety Group. This is the best thing you can do and no you will not be frowned upon. ;)
Here's a link to find the one in your area. http://www.safetygroupsuk.org.uk/local-groups/

Good luck with your study. Look forward to hearing from you along the way. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy