Hi from sunny Aus!

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

Cass0wary

Hi from sunny Aus!

Post by Cass0wary »

Hey guys!

I am currently a WHS professional studying my bachelors in Occupational Health and Safety and am seriously looking at a move to the UK by the end of this year.
I would love any information anyone has in regards to an international coming over into the industry. I am aware our system is based similarly to the UK system and ideally am wanting international exposure while I continue my studies externally. I am most interested in rail and infrastructure but have experience in the government sector also.
Any recruitment agencies that are ideal to start chatting to in advance? What's the average wage? I've looked online and it seems to fluctuate a lot from 25k - 60k.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Hi from sunny Aus!

Post by Alexis »

G'Day, how you going Cass0wary. (Just trying too hard there.) :lol:

A very warm welcome to HSfB. Good to have you aboard. .salut

I'm not familiar enough with your scenario to offer constructive advice Cass, but I do know we have members who will certainly come in with their thoughts and experiences as soon as they have a moment.

Look forward to virtually getting to know you. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
AdamUK
Student
Student

Post by AdamUK »

Hello,

There seems to be a huge variance in salary expectations at the moment, I have seen H&S Officer jobs paying higher than Manager jobs, and management jobs paying less than some advisor roles. I can’t comment on your industry salary wise.

Employers seem to be focusing less on technical ability and more on experience (from my own experience), and this is what is the base of your salary. Obviously having a Bachelors should put you at the higher end of salary (mixed with your experiences).

I would recommend you join IOSH/IIRSM or similar before looking for work in the UK, this shows commitment etc..

Hope this helps.
Adam
CharlesChristiensen

Post by CharlesChristiensen »

Welcome!!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy