I've finally added this function and you should see a 'thumbs up' icon along the row of icons at the top of a post. Click it and it will turn into a 'thumbs down' icon to show you have clicked, click again and it will remove your thanks.
Click on the 'quick links' drop down menu at the top of the forums and you will see 'posts toplist' and 'thanks list'. These will show some stats over time.
Your profile will now show how many times you have thanked and been thanked.
You can't thank yourself, I tried
Those are the main things you will notice, here's a list of all functionality...
If you have any questions, let me know.General functionality:
- adds Thanks button to the posts at the end of the post buttons row
- allows thanking and removing thanks for a post
- adds a feature to display posts/topics/forums rating based on the count of post thanks for them (thankslist)
- adds a controller to display a list of users who thanked others and who got thanks for their posts
- adds a controller to display a list of top thanked posts/topics/forums (toplist)
- adds special group permissions to control viewing of toplist and thankslist
- adds special permissions to control user abilities to thank for posts (local, forum-based) and to clean thanks list (global)
- adds "standard" permission sets to the predefined roles
- adds notifications for the thanking and thanks removing events (including board and email notifications, configurable in UCP)
- if rating displaying for all of posts/topics/forums is disabled, the toplist is unavailable
Please also let me have your feedback. If it's not working the way it should or people just don't like it, I will remove the modification.
Why not give the 'thanks' button a go right now on this post...go, go, go....