Masters

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

kngc
Industry Sector: Health and Social Care

Masters

Post by kngc »

Hi

I am considering doing a Masters in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental and wondered if anyone else has completed this. What’s your feedback on the course and out of interest, why did you do the Masters?

Also what reading materials are utilised, so that I can look to do some pre reading?

TIA
Safety is no accident!
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Masters

Post by joaorosa80 »

Hi there,
I am doing the OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (LEARNING AT WORK) MSc (put the at thingy in here) the University of Portsmouth.
For now, I not findings particular difficult, but takes time and dedication.

Why? I believe that with the age, sometimes you need to prove to yourself your skills and reflect on where you stand, and what you have not achieved and will like to explore.

Reading material? A lot, you don't a book, in particular, you have a full library that you should explore.
Hse~tabi

Post by Hse~tabi »

Thanks for the update.
Equilibrium

Post by Equilibrium »

Hi KNGC

Do it. I am about to complete my MSc in Safety, Health and Environmental through Greenwich University and I am not regretting it one day. I did it because requirements changes over time. Ten years ago it was sufficient to have a NEBOSH diploma, but more and more organizations require a degree in HSE for safety management positions. This is my experience and there is always exceptions off course.

It is a big commitment if you are working full time, but if you have a good supporting system at home and at work, it should all be manageable.

You will learn valuable skills in research methods and expand your knowledge on the subjects covered.

My advice will be to brush up on academic essay writing, report writing and using Harvard referencing techniques (check with the University you decide on which referencing system they are using).

Good luck

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy