NCRQ HSD3

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

SafetyMike

NCRQ HSD3

Post by SafetyMike »

HI all

Newbie to the forum - cant believe ive only came across it!! Amazing cant wait to be more involved and speaking with other professionals.

Im having serious issues with the HDS3 Assignment - length wise and content wise.

Have completed all hazards on the "farm" which is approx 12 pages in length. Physically struggling to get time in evenings with children.

Any enthusiasm to be shared or tips be very helpful.

Many Thanks
M
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: NCRQ HSD3

Post by WillPool »

Hi M :wave:

Welcome to the forums ./thumbsup..

Good luck with the NCRQ ../.

If you search the forums there are loads of study tips, there are many like you who have completed courses around family life and other commitments.

Personally I havent done the NCRQ so cannot offer any advice on it, however for general study it is best to try and allocate time where you can study in peace, so there are no distractions. There are loads of bits and pieces in the downloads (mostly for NEBOSH) but some may assist you in the NCRQ:

https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/downloads/

One thing I did was to help remember case law was to speak all of the learning material onto a dictaphone, burned it to a CD and listened to it in the car on the way to work, like listening to an album you get to know what track comes next ;)

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi SafetyMike and another warm welcome to HSfB from me. .cheers

As Willpool mentions, as with any study, it is always difficult to find those family-free study times.

The point is: you really must find a consistent study time preferably every evening even if only in one hour bites. Short one hour bites (or up to 2 hours if possible) works like the dripping tap and our brains are much more responsive at taking things in with shorter periods of study.

Without a study plan, it is very difficult, so start there and it will all begin to flow for you.

I would say anyone studying in a family home also really needs a specific area where reference books etc don't have to be brought out and cleared away after every study time. Even a "your corner" in your bedroom is enough as long as the workings can be left out on display.

If you have noise-cancelling headphones, use them! ;)

Of course, if you have a very super-tidy partner, you will have to buy them loads of choccies as part of the deal. :lol:

Good to have you join us Mike. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

All the best with the study. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
LittleNell83
Student
Student

Post by LittleNell83 »

Good luck with the assignment- I cam currently ploughing through the COSHH section of HSD3.

Yours,
Nell

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy