Dixieleeds6
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Health Physics / Nuclear

Unit B Nervous system, heart etc..

Post by Dixieleeds6 »

Hi Guys,

Passed my Unit A exam in January, I only had three attempts at it. .cheers

Currently getting stuck into Unit B & as expected there is a lot to go through.
I had a few questions in regards to this Unit, if you guys don't mind helping me out with them.

First off i was curious to see if the layout of this exam is the same as unit A in terms of if you have the option to pick questions at the end of the exam paper.

And last off, how much should I dwell into the structure & function of the respiratory system, nervous system, heart etc & also do I need to know the COSHH regulations like the back of my hand like I had to with the HSWA 1974 & Management regs 1994 in Unit A?
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Unit B Nervous system, heart etc..

Post by bernicarey »

Hi
As to your Q about the format/layout of the Unit B Paper, my response is that if you look at the NEBOSH website, you'll find the answer you are looking for... (does that sound a bit too Star Wars-y :P )

As to
And last off, how much should I dwell into the structure & function of the respiratory system, nervous system, heart etc & also do I need to know the COSHH regulations like the back of my hand like I had to with the HSWA 1974 & Management regs 1994 in Unit A?
you're answering H&S questions, not doing a medical exam.
The information you seek for all aspects of the course is contained in the syllabus guide, downloadable from the NEBOSH website. This includes the recommended number of hour tuition for each Unit and element of a Unit.

You've only got about 8 hours allocated to Unit B2, which would cover the sort of thing you're asking about. So 8 hours to do:
B2.1
Explain the main routes of entry and the human body’s defensive responses to hazardous substances
B2.2
Explain the identification, classification and health effects of hazardous substances used in the workplace
B2.3
Outline the factors to consider when undertaking assessment and evaluation of risks from hazardous substances
B2.4
Outline the role of epidemiology and toxicological testing.

So lets say 2 hours each.
You work out how deep you think you should go?
Quite honestly about the same as you'd learn on a First Aid at Work course.

.salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Dixieleeds6
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Health Physics / Nuclear

Re: Unit B Nervous system, heart etc..

Post by Dixieleeds6 »

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy