Smudger207
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Offshore Oil & Gas

CMIOSH

Post by Smudger207 »

Morning All,

I am after some advice.

Yesterday I enrolled onto IPD process to achieve my ultimate aim of becoming CMIOSH.

I have received all the necessary forms from IOSH which includes information regarding the open book assessment. However I am slightly confused as the IOSH website says if you have the diploma ( I presume they are referring to the Nebosh) you can achieve chartered status by completing the skills development portfolio.

I have both the NVQ and Nebosh Diploma, so should I go back to IOSH and question why I have to complete the assessment and not the portfolio? .scratch
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: CMIOSH

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
Smudger207
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Offshore Oil & Gas

Post by Smudger207 »

Thanks for the Bump Waterbaby.

I emailed IOSH directly and have been told that as I have both Diplomas I don't have to complete the assessment or portfolio. Happy days .bounce

They just need to audit my CPD and then my peer review interview.

Getting closer to my goal......
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

Hi,

I have my open assessment between 10 January and 24 January 2018.

Does any of the colleagues go to do the assessment on this dates?

The syllabus is huge and I am afraid to get lost.   
hsme

Post by hsme »

Having completed my IPD open assessment back in October all I can say is don't be overwhelmed by the syllabus size. To get this far you already have the knowledge in there somewhere, it purely getting that information out of and onto the answer. The multiple choice section gives you plenty of time to look up on a question so don't go into it panicking, take your time and make every answer count.
The essay questions I was given were looking for some research and thought as to the answer you give, just be careful to make sure you don't go off and write to much, keep it clear and concise and ensure you follow what the command words require.
I passed both sections and now onto peer interview in January. Good luck and feel free to message me if I might be able to help put your mind at rest.
:wave:
aditay

Post by aditay »

Smudger207 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm Thanks for the Bump Waterbaby.

I emailed IOSH directly and have been told that as I have both Diplomas I don't have to complete the assessment or portfolio. Happy days .bounce

They just need to audit my CPD and then my peer review interview.

Getting closer to my goal......
Hi, I thought that it was mandatory to complete the IPD. Depending on what qualifications you hold you either have to do the assessment and portfolio or if you have the diplomas you have only the portfolio part. I am going to enroll in the new year so this is very interesting. I have the NEBOSH diploma and a BSc in OSH.
soulassasin101
Student
Student

Post by soulassasin101 »

Hello all,

Much like the others in this post i took the plunge and started the IPD process today.
It was my new years resolution to become a charted member of IOSH in 2018 so her it goes!
As I have the NVQ 5 i only have to do the multiple choice questions and open book exam. Will look to book these in February.
Its the interview and the CPD im more worried about!
Anyway good luck all
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

The same here. I am doing the assessment next month.
Time for ../.
hsme

Post by hsme »

Having completed the multi choice questions and the essay questions in November last year, all I can say is don’t panic and think you have to know everything off the top of your head, know where to find things and plan your time. The multi choice questions you have three hours to do, there are there 48 questions so that’s Over 3.5 minutes per answer. Some of them you will know in an instant, some you don’t you will have to search for the answer, just don’t panic.

The essay questions you have have 7 days to complete, the timer starting when you start the part A multi choice.
700 words per question in total, there was a couple of sub questions within each main question. Make sure you keep to the 700 word count and apportion those depending on the number of points given to each sub question. Do your research and make every word count, it’s easy to get carried away with lots of words, which then become very hard to cut back when you are running over.

The peer review learn the key IOSH code of conduct points under the headings Integrity, Competence, Service & Respect.
Go in with a clear head and confidence in your abilities, you don’t get this far not knowing what you are doing. Answer the H&S questions to the best of your ability giving examples where you can. If you haven’t done something in your career so far be honest, don’t try to bluff your way through it. Nobody knows everything, but everyone can have the understanding and ability to know what needs to be done and where to go to find out about it and learn it.

Good luck everyone, be confident and proud of your achieventments, if I can do it you sure can.

I got my email saying I have been transferred to CMIOSH a few days ago by the way .bounce
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

Part A it's done. 70% :o

I have 7 days for part B.
They are easy questions, however, you can write so much about the subjects ../. ./cyclops
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Well done hsme and jao. .cheers .cheers clapclap clapclap
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

Regarding to the part B, is possible to share my thoughts with someone????
Or is a total no-no!

I have doubts regarding to the level of detail. Should I refer regulation and standards?

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy