We've rebooted our Facebook Group. If groups are your thing, join up and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Structure and function of courts

Talk about health and safety courses you are studying or find out about courses you are interested in, including NEBOSH Diploma, BA, MSc, PGCE, NVQ, NCRQ or any other academic qualification relevant.

Moderator: Moderators

Gringo1972
Student
Student
Industry Sector: offshore

Structure and function of courts

Post by Gringo1972 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Ok guys looking for some feedback.

Just looking through section 2.5 Structure and Function of the courts and related institution, and it highlights that if you are studying in england that you do not need to learn the Scottish system.
So my question is, i am studying in Scotland so do i need to learn the English structure ? obviously this is for exam purposes, would i get marked wrong if the question came up and i only gave the Scottish structure ?

Just don't need the extra study if i don't need to.

Thanks Guys

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Structure and function of courts

Post by Waterbaby » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Gringo1972 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm
Ok guys looking for some feedback.

Just looking through section 2.5 Structure and Function of the courts and related institution, and it highlights that if you are studying in england that you do not need to learn the Scottish system.
So my question is, i am studying in Scotland so do i need to learn the English structure ? obviously this is for exam purposes, would i get marked wrong if the question came up and i only gave the Scottish structure ?

Just don't need the extra study if i don't need to.

Thanks Guys
Hi Gringo72

I think the definitive answer will come from your course provider but others will be along ./thumbsup..

WB
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

abarnett
Snr Member
Snr Member
Twitter: @adb82
Industry Sector: Warehousing

Post by abarnett » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Not sure how this pans out in the diploma but when I did my NGC a couple of years ago, you can answer exam questions relating to either legal system - so we learned about the Scottish system only and answered questions as though it relates to Scotland...

Andy
Safety doesn't happen by accident

ivilla
Student
Student

Post by ivilla » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 am

I'm pretty sure you can answer either having done that last year. I'm sure this is mentioned either in the syllabus or in my RRC course notes.

Gringo1972
Student
Student
Industry Sector: offshore

Post by Gringo1972 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm

cheers guys.

I have found we can answer either way but you on get drip fed the information on the Scottish system, so i am just going to learn the English system and give the English answer, no need learning 2 different ways IMO.

Ta

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy