9/11 Remember

Exactly what the title implies...pop in and say "good morning" or even "good evening" and tell us what's on the cards for today or how your day went.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

9/11 Remember

Post by Alexis »

Good Morning to you all.

A day to remember those lost at work in one of the most horrific of ways.
A day also to think of those who were and still are affected by it.
A day where the weather in the UK is irrelevant.
:love9:
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: 46 years experience with a metropolitan Fire Brigade and then Fire Safety Manager for a global brand.

Now sort of retired from the fire safety game, but doing the odd job here and there to keep my grey matter working and as I hate sudoku and havent got the back for an allotment
Location: Sunny London where the streets are paved with gold ;)

Re: 9/11 Remember

Post by Messy »

I was on duty in a London fire station as this day unfolded

We all watched in horror and being in charge of the station, in the back of my mind, I was wondering would London be next

The sheer incredulity expressed by the watch as the 1st tower collapsed. Many of us denied a full collapse had happen as the smoke and dust obstructed the view for ages. Then the fear of the second towers likely demise

What would the firefighters be thinking? How many will die? What would we have done?

343 NYFD firefighters were lost on the day. About equivalent to 1 in 5 London firefighters on duty that day.

I have watched some documentaries in recent days and it feels just as raw and horrific.

If the terrorists had chosen London , I would have been involved. Its a sobering thought

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy