Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Help......

Post by Safety »

Hi all .salut

the owner of the place I work for has nearly approved spend on a HSE management system .cheers but.....

He is asking for a method statement and risk assessment of what is required to be able to get the system up and running:

1. Data entry
2. Training
3. Commissioning process needed

The system is cloud based so no IT involvement really.

I have a project plan from the system providers on how long it will take to install the system and modules, I'm sort of stuck from here...anyone done anything like this before?
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Steve M
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Warehousing and distribution

Re: Help......

Post by Steve M »

What system did you choose in the end?

It will depend totally on your organisations needs.
When I was trailing Mycompliance at my last place of work I planned on introducing it in stages.
Their accident reporting process was slow and inconsistent so I wanted to introduce that first so I could monitor that more closely, this way it would get people used to the system but not overwhelm them.
Following was the safety data sheets, access to these was very random and spread all over the place, this would get people used to locating files on the system.
When they got used to that, depending on feedback I would introduce the facilities management system, closely followed by aspects of H&S depending on requirements.

Depending on staff availability you could input previous records so the new users have something to compare with, I am assuming your system will be modular so depending on resources and priority bring people on board slowly.
Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Re: Help......

Post by Safety »

Hi, :wave:

I ended up choosing Velosity for EHS and OneLook for ePermit.

Velosity has the modules one being accident/incident reporting, so I was intending to work through the modules from implementation to training to going live. Getting people on board and using the system correctly will take time so I cant plan an end time for that type of event, its will be about learning the system fully
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy