Moderator: Moderators

grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: goodtogosafety
Industry Sector: Safety inspection systems

Working from home - fire risks

Post by grim72 »

Thought this was an interesting news story and worthy of posting - may be something for consideration in terms of assessing home working etc?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58245846
Grim72
Good to Go Safety - Providing you with a safer workplace

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: Working from home - fire risks

Post by stephen1974 »

A weird article. I con't for the life of me think of a link between working from home and buying a pizza oven unless you are setting up some dodgy catering business in which case, ok, but for normal working from home...

Converting a shed or garage I can understand because i can see it being a DIY job with lots of overloaded extension leads, stand alone fan heaters and so on that whilst you can get in a normal house, is more likely to be the case in a structure that isnt purpose built.
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by witsd »

stephen1974 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:20 amA weird article. I can't for the life of me think of a link between working from home and buying a pizza oven unless you are setting up some dodgy catering business in which case, ok, but for normal working from home...
I think the idea was more that lockdown caused both: Working from home and people cooking more fancy things because they couldn't go to restaurants.

Not that working from home caused pizza ovens!
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

Seems a stretch to me... though potentially people could be putting food on the cooker, going back to work and leave it unattended then forget about it.

I had in idiot two doors down the corridor from me who put his food on to cook and then went out shopping. Fire service had to break in twice, then he got evicted.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy