What next after Nebosh GC

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

pdhmobile
Student
Student

What next after Nebosh GC

Post by pdhmobile »

So I've completed the NGC and was wondering what the next natural step is and your experiences of it?
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: What next after Nebosh GC

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: What next after Nebosh GC

Post by witsd »

It really depends.

Do you love all things H&S and are willing to put in the time and effort getting the Diploma?

Are you happy enough just doing general H&S stuff? there's no NEED to get further qualified unless you really want to start climbing the ladder.

Are you more interested in one or two specific aspects of H&S? You can get further quals in fire, manual handling, lightning, COSHH, general training and well, pretty much every aspect without having to do anything more general if you don't wish to do so.

Get your head around where you want to end up, be it housing, construction, consultancy, nuclear, whatever. Once you think you know where you are going, the path should be a little clearer.

Just for reference, I was always more interested in fire, so did the NGC and the NFC together, then took some more in-depth fire courses and never looked at another slip or trip again.
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy