Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Site visit - Asked for set of RAMS

Post by TWDB »

Hi all,

juts been asked for set of RAMS that would cover a site visit to a site before we do any works on site . Green field site etc

anyone asked for these ? assuming I should have a set of RAMS available for this but don't have at the moment
regards
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: Site visit - Asked for set of RAMS

Post by Blackstone »

A set of RAMS for a visit to site when you are just scoping the job?

A bit OTT IMHO but would only be something very generic as assuming it would be the first time you may have been to a site you wouldnt know any specific hazards.
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Post by TWDB »

Blackstone wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm A set of RAMS for a visit to site when you are just scoping the job?

A bit OTT IMHO but would only be something very generic as assuming it would be the first time you may have been to a site you wouldnt know any specific hazards.
I know, my thoughts exactly

also on this note - do you have a set of RAMS covering safety audits / H&S advisor visits?

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by ddlh »

I would suggest that you should be given a site induction before you go out of the office block. After the induction you could sit with the advisor and agree scope etc?
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

TWDB wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:05 pm
Blackstone wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm A set of RAMS for a visit to site when you are just scoping the job?

I know, my thoughts exactly

also on this note - do you have a set of RAMS covering safety audits / H&S advisor visits?

T
I don't have any appropriate RAMS. This is not something i've been involved in.
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy