Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Training feedback form

Post by TWDB »

does anyone have a good example/template(external/ internals training course feedback)

so we can learn from staff on their thoughts of training they have been on / had and improve.

thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Re: Training feedback form

Post by Safety »

Hi, there are loads on the Internet if you carry out a search, I picked up my ideas from some on the Web
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Andyblue

Post by Andyblue »

Ah, feedback forms. I wonder, for the sake of saving millions of trees, how many actually fill them in with anything constructive, when they are typically set with questions that stroke the providers ego or answered just as the last words are said and the car park awaits.
Who hasn't seen a generic feedback from being marked 5* for something that wasn't even in the presentation!
I'm sure they have a value, I've no doubt some complete them in an honest hopeful manner, I'm sure they happen to satisfy some ISO or other. I'd be almost fearful of a company that really made changes based on negative feedback forms.
What am I trying to answer for the OP - yes complete them just be mindful of the value of the outcomes.
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by witsd »

For face-to-face training, 95% will be positive and bland, because most people won't want to offend the person who is stood in the same room as them.

For eLearning, 95% of them will say that it took too long, but offer little constructive feedback.

The other 5% will be people like me, who write an essay on how it could be improved in 15 easy steps. I recently laid into my company over some rather glaring errors in their diversity eLearning training.

Sometimes it's better not to force people into providing feedback!
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Post by TWDB »

Andyblue wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:46 pm Ah, feedback forms. I wonder, for the sake of saving millions of trees, how many actually fill them in with anything constructive, when they are typically set with questions that stroke the providers ego or answered just as the last words are said and the car park awaits.
Who hasn't seen a generic feedback from being marked 5* for something that wasn't even in the presentation!
I'm sure they have a value, I've no doubt some complete them in an honest hopeful manner, I'm sure they happen to satisfy some ISO or other. I'd be almost fearful of a company that really made changes based on negative feedback forms.
What am I trying to answer for the OP - yes complete them just be mindful of the value of the outcomes.
I'm keen to get feedback

I'll be using MS forms for the question set once decided .

all part of getting the culture right and feedback heard.

any good questions from anyone?

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy