If Facebook Groups are your thing, join ours and let's make it as amazing and friendly as our forums!

Click here for HSfB's Facebook Group Image

Test and Trace

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

stretch3144
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Test and Trace

Post by stretch3144 »

New information released by the Government about "Test and Trace". Information here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-an ... w-it-works

If anyone can decipher it, please let me know. Seems very contradictory about the isolation periods.

Messy
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: Ex London Fire Brigade. Now 'retired' and providing bespoke fire safety solutions to a large worldwide portfolio of premises by an employer with long pockets and short arms!

Re: Test and Trace

Post by Messy »

What I am unclear about (although I may have missed it in the guidance) is how do you verify any call from the NHS 'telling' you to withdraw yourself from family, society and the workplace?

I would NOT take any action from an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. Does your GP have any verifying role in this?

Plus, I am about to increase my hours of work. As Boris and the Mayor have conspired to mess up the possibility of driving to London, I will travel in crowded tube trains where its recognised that social distancing is impossible and advice such as 'turn away from the person next to you' is pathetic and unachievable. I might be closer than 2m for longer than 15 mins to 50, 100 or ?? fellow commuters per month. So when (if) the smartphone T&T App comes in, I might be subject to multiple warnings, each one needing two weeks isolation. If the warnings arrive consecutively, I might need months off.

Its my 'civic responsibility' to comply with T&T procedures, but I really don't know that I can on every occasion - and that is worrying as I want to

stephen1974
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Test and Trace

Post by stephen1974 »

I have no intention of downloading any tracing apps. If work makes me put one on my work phone, fine, but on my phone, not a chance in hell.

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy