Health and Safety Manual

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

safety beard 71

Health and Safety Manual

Post by safety beard 71 »

Hi everyone

Has anyone got a copy of their Health and safety manual I can have a look at and don't mind me adapting :D

I've looked at the downloads and cant find one although I have used blank H&S policy from Willpool .salut .salut
ScottD
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Logistics & warehousing

Re: Health and Safety Manual

Post by ScottD »

Are you looking for one which conforms to any of the ISO standards or just a basic one?
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult
safety beard 71

Post by safety beard 71 »

ScottD wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 pm Are you looking for one which conforms to any of the ISO standards or just a basic one?
One that is 18001 is possible

thanks
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

Hi Safety Beard,

I have seen 2 types of manual:
First was a virtual transcript of the standard (9001 not 18001) and basically just replaced the 'shall' with 'we do' or something similar. It was about 30 pages long, ticked the ISO box but not very imaginative! This was how I did my first manual but changed it very soon after as it didn't actually mean much to the rest of the company.
Second type was only 3 pages long and basically just pointed you to the policy, responsibilities, procedures, organogram, system docs, etc. It made it much more useable and got the thumbs up from Mr ISO. I used it in 2 companies, one just 9001 and the other had an integrated 9001, 18001 and 14001 system and it worked fine.
Just a note, in the new versions of 9001, 14001 and now 45001 they do not actually require you to have a manual.

Let me know if you would like a copy.

Regards

Glen
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy